Diving Accident Gulf Coast 8/20?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't personally spoken to Mike, but he posted this on his facebook page so I feel comfortable sharing........

"I would like gracelessly thank the many countless churches worldwide of varied church traditions who prayed for me to include my wife’s Chaldean-Assyria church who lit candles for healing and Sam my Chaplain Assistant who kept his faith against hope. My wife plead to God all night, “You raised Lazaus and I know you can raise my husband. I think my sister Terri for her prayers and many updates; she is awesome. I thank you all for your many prayers, cards and gifts. Thank you for Barber’s healing ministry in Asheville which is second to none and my Moms visit. And, for the many chaplains and commanders who stood by my side as well of and hundreds of individuals form H.S, college and elsewhere. My friends in Hyperbaric at West Jefferson Medical Center worked tirelessly to keep my lifeless body alive, thank you. And, I thank my sister Kelley for her workout equipment relevant for my condition. Again, I can’t thank you all enough for your contestant prayers. I arrive at the hospital with zero gag or corneal reflux which means I was near the grave as possible. Many do not survive at this stage. A neurologist told my sister I was brain dead. I don’t know this to be true as I have not see read my EEG. I’m not completely convinced until I receive this report. My MRI reviewed my brain experienced a shotgun blast (multiple strokes) to the cerebellum and cerebral cortex which controls movement. Prognosis was death or becoming a vegetable. Pretty much any capability beyond this would need a miracle from God.
I awoke from a coma after three days thinking I was in a dream, a miracle. The miracle continued after testing showed cognitive functioning was fully intact besides what the previous blast injury in combat cause which I explain for wrong visual spacial answers; a true miracle that I sustain zero mental injuries for the dive accident. I could, however, not move or eat without assistance. Each day became a miracle of rapid improvement. In my stubbornness, I kept asking to stand. They all sail no until the right PT with a great man name Frank came to my room during weekend hours (the naysayers were at home). She taught me how to maintain my balance and soon afterward I stood, yet another miracle. I have never seen physicians in unison the call any medical case a true medical. Shortly afterwards I began the slow painful process of learning how to walk again. I climbed stairs and increases my walking distance everyday until I could fully navigate on my own, to include tandem movements. I can now dress, shower, eat and perform all ADLs on my on. All this was completed after 32 days in the medical center. This miracle is not only mine but belongs to us all.
The cardiologist believes I have an Inferior vena cava (PFO) since nitrogen leaked into my left ventricle. This is induced by compressed air under depth for those who have a PFO. My next post will reveal spiritual implications as it relates to Jonah. Thank for reading this post"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom