Diving around Shouthern Golf Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ataman

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hey all

Does anyone have information about diving around shouthern golf islands? looking to do some exploration dives around that area this summer by boat?? any information would be greatly appriciated....

cheers

Did some exploring when I first certified, lived in Victoria, had a boat a buddy and a bit of time. Do not remember any specific sites, this was almost 30 years ago:D , but as I recall you could pretty much drop in anywhere there was an exposed wall, steep slope or barely submerged rock and have lots to see. By exposed I mean exposed to current. Have a look at your charts and you will find lots and lots of spots to try out if you have a boat (and someone to stay on the surface to retrieve you). Got skunked a couple of times, but by and large; current + exposed rock at 30 to 60 feet = lots to see. Without someone on the boat you will have a tougher time as few of these spots have a place to anchor nearby.

Kelp beds are often a good place to try as well.

I also asume you can read a chart and tide tables, if not, don't even think about this, there are some nasty currents out there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom