Diving around Sigatoka and Mananuca Islands in Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kalekainxx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just wondering if anyone could provide me with feedback on diving around those 2 locations? How is it compare to other parts of Fiji? Thanks.

Looking to stay at the Outrigger and Castaway island. Anyone have any experience with them? And how's the diving around the areas?

We dove that area in 2004. It was good, though not the best that Fiji has to offer. We dove from Mana Island in Supermarket and Gotham City, etc. Depends on how you like to stay but those resorts will be more touristy and family than other more dive related areas. I only do liveaboards so that wouldn't work for me but maybe it's right for you. We chartered a sailboat with captain and cook for a week and sailed around the Mamanucca Islands. Fantastic experience and we hooked up with resorts to go diving. Anchored in front of the resorts and they picked us up. Otherwise all the comforts right in front of the resort. We paid $700 a day for two people. Diving was extra.

The diving in the western regions of Fijian waters is pretty good. They have a tendency to be a bit warmer than the eastern waters so vis is down, but pelagic fish life is up. Boat rides to dive sites can be pretty rough, and that is my biggest gripe. (I get sea-ill, not quite sea-sick).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom