Diving at Couples Swept Away - Negril, Jamaica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Must say I was glad not to see the Hedo boats at the same sites.

Lucky you! I stayed at a resort right next to Hedo's nekkid beach. Nothing like seeing what I saw.....every single day......every time we left in the boat.

And yes, the stories of escapades right out in the open, in front of everyone are true.

Weeellll.... I do believe it, as I have a story of my own.
The scene... wedding day afternoon... post ceremony... us and our 14 guests are on the catamaran cruise offered through Couples. We were at Pirates Cave and off swimming in the cave. We swim back to see another cat there. Which is ours? As we swim closer we see the second cat is full of naked people. Ok... not ours... lol. Now, I am not a prude, and don't have a problem if people want to get naked, but I think there should be a limit out in public around others... including children. That's not all. The people on the Hedo cat proceeded to give us a show. First they lined up their as*es facing us... whatever. They were very obviously exhibitionists... but then they started doing "other" things of a sexual nature... if you know what I mean without getting too explicit here. Everyone on our cat was disgusted. They just came across as low life. All we could do was turn our backs. I mean they were right next to our cat. We left shortly thereafter... thankfully. Our photographer told us her used to shoot there, but couldn't take it and left. Do what they want ON property... but off they should have respect for others.

Do what they want ON property... but off they should have respect for others.

Exactly! :shakehead:

Must say I was glad not to see the Hedo boats at the same sites. Didn't need to dive around naked divers.... just had a thought... they don't have to worry about peeing in their wetsuits!!! HAHAHA

Hi Debbie, Just to let you know those were my pics you saw on the Couples Message board and yes I can't believe the way some people put down diving in Jamaica. Maybe we have just been the lucky ones... I had an exceptional trip this time and everything came out for my photoshoot!:D

I have to correct you on something though... I have dove with the Hedo II group many times (~40 dives). They take their diving very seriously. There is absolutely no naked diving and all diving is done under PADI norm. I have some great friends who work there as I do at Sandles, Beaches and Swept Away. They are all first class.

The show you saw is "put on" for the boats which continuely cruise by and "voyeur" - it is a tradition at Hedo to do this, just to keep the reputation up. And yes I am a prude.

Glad to hear they take their diving seriously, although I don't think naked diving would be unsafe (except for dangling parts getting nipped at perhaps... haha)

I know about the "show" they put on for boats that pass by. Our boat did a pass by one evening before a night dive... just killing time. The setting sun was of more interest to me. Honestly, I don't see the fuss. Lots of overweight people at that resort acting like they're somehow better because they get naked. Whatever.
But that's not what I was referring to. We were way at the the other end, past the beach, well past all the beach properties, at public Pirates Cave. We were anchored first and they came along right next to us. Granted, there's not a lot of space when you start getting several cats. But we did not go on our cat cruise looking to see women giving men BJs among other things.

As for your friends who WORK at the resorts, I don't doubt they're first class. Jamaicans are great people who all need to have jobs to survive, just like all of us. So no offense meant to them. We met the nicest bunch of people working at Couples too. The dive team there are a terrific bunch... fun, but always safety conscious. As for the guests at Hedo, whatever floats your boat... I'm just talking about RESPECT off resort. They showed None whatsoever.... and strangely enough, respect is a huge thing for Jamaicans.

Anyway... enough of that. I absolutely loved your photos! I wish I'd had a chance to get dolphin photos myself.

Hey Seanpaul, nice to see you out there. I certainly agree with you and DiverDebbie as to the better than expected diving in Negril. We had several dolphin encounters during our last trip so that alone would have been worth it.

As for Hedo... no doubt about it that they want to put on a show. However, we saw many passing boats yelling at the Hedo guests to put on a show. While no where near a prude, I really didn't care for anyone to be encouraging it right in front of us.

Haven't visited the Couples message board since we returned. Our last trip was great in every aspect... espeically the diving and it's way too long before our next visit to start the dreaming.

But hey, we leave for Bonaire in three weeks so I guess we can't complain.

Hey there! I was wondering why I hadn't seen "anyfun" :rofl3: on the couples message board lately!!!! I hope you both are doing well! I will send you my pics in a private email. It was so great. We have a new DM there now Dwayne Ritchie aka Brains, the son of the instructor Cliffton and nephew to DM Derek , both at Hedo, think you know them both. Predator (Shaw's cousin) has left - for the USA - I believe.... I am jealous of Bonaire but... will be in Sharm on the 20th of June!!!

Debbie, I never had your experience off resort so yeh, can understand it would kinda gross me out as well. Send me a private email and I will also send you most of the better pics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom