Diving at Mazatlan , Anyone been there??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SlyDog

New
Reaction score
We are leaving tomorow for mazatlan, mexico and I am wondering if anyone has been there and dived? Any suggestions, tips or hints ?? :confused: Thanks ! !

Just happens I'm also concidering a trip to Mazatlan in March but have been unable to find any feed back about that area. would like to here your views when you return

I went to www.scubadirectory.com
There are no entries amoungst the 16430 entries in there for Mazatlan. This tells me this probably isn't the type of diving, like Cozumel, or Cayman, that you might have thought there was there.
I also looked in my scuba book and with over 70 dive operators listed for Mexico, none were in Mazatlan.
So sorry. I tried to help. Maybe someone else still can.

thanks for your effort Natasha. I find it hard to believe that this isn't at least a fairly good dive location when you concider that both San Carlos to the north and Puerto Vallarta to the south are very good sights and all the Hotels there list Scuba as an activity there.

I do show shops in both of those places. Would you like the web addresses?

Thanks but I've found several good ones for that area just hoping for Mazatlan, have wrote to the Hotels and tourist board there probably wont get a response during the week end. Steve

=-) To answer my own question about Scuba in Mazatlan I have found a few details.
seems there are no PADI reconized operators in the area however some of the Hotels there have their own scuba operations. I can't tell you how good these operators are but I would be curious to here from someone that has been there.
Some of the stuff I've heard makes scuba in Mazatlan sound great but then I know a used car sellsman that only sells cars that was driven by little old ladies to Church.

Been to Mazatlan a lot. No diving there. Broad sandy beaches, no rocks or bays. I'am sure that if you were there with gear you could find places to go diving ,, it's just not a destination for diving. A few islands out front, an estuary, a harbor. Big Island to the south, but to far to trip to. Great place to eat and party.

adios don O

thanks Donooo for the heads up think I'll try Puerto Vallarta instead:wink:

It was pretty good. Only about 20 foot visibilty but that was heaven considering I got certified in a lake with 6inches to 3 feet of vis. :eek: :eek: Saw some octupus, blowfish, sting rays, moray eels, crab, shrimp and some other stuff. Pretty cool. I stayed at the El Cid hotel and they have their own dive shop and the Orientation dive was really good and they had experienced divers. Hope that helps !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom