Diving at Mazatlan , Anyone been there??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't go to PV either. San Carlos or down Baja to Loreto or La Paz , The East Cape or ( sic ) Los Cabos. Need some rocks and bays. PV is out to Punta de Mita or swim in the toilet.

good luck don O

I've dived that entire region & I'm with Donooo. PV is a charming & fun town, but without a long & often very rough boat ride to sites like La Corbatena you're into modest viz, sparse marine life, high bacterial count diving.

Mazatlan has several dive ops, and the better sites are off some little islands not far offshore. IMHO, it is very unexceptional diving. If you go, on surfacing keep an eye out for boats, both motorized & sail, jetskis & the like.

Have fun.

DocVikingo

So, anybody have any good Maz diving experiences lately? I read that there are better things to do than dive there. I'm going first week of June 2004 and I guess I will save my breath for the night life.

LTCSGLCPA

sgl2575:
So, anybody have any good Maz diving experiences lately? I read that there are better things to do than dive there. I'm going first week of June 2004 and I guess I will save my breath for the night life.

LTCSGLCPA
i went to mazatlan about 6 years ago and i agree save your bubbles for the beer.stayed at the playa mazatlan great hotel
the white palace on the point houses the best clubs.as for the diving don't bother.i chartered a catamaran to the islands out front that were previously mentioned for some snorkeling what a waste of time i couldn't see my hand in front of my face!!!!! someone mentioned they saw some rays?if so they must have swam about 2ft in front of him.when i was there+inquired about diving i had several offers from some guys to take me out in their little boats but if i mentioned anything about PADI generally i got the same reply."PADI??WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING PADI!!"
BOTTOM LINE:I'D RATHER DIVE IN A SWIMMING POOL.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom