Diving at Saint Lawrence River

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello,

I will need to travel to Montreal at End of August / Beginning of September for business reasons. I am planning to spend a few days vacation in Quebec to go diving.

Are there any good dive centers at Saint Lawrence River at or around Quebec City / Saguenay / Tadoussac? The problem is that I will be travelling alone and therefore need a dive center that is organizing trips where I can find a dive buddy easily. Any recommendations? Art there any spots I must not miss?

Is the FQAS certificate actually necessary?

Thanks a lot

P.s.: Please excuse my poor English :cool2:

Les Escoumins is a little bit north/east of Tadoussac and definitely worth the drive if you want to get in some diving. It's brackish water that far east and you will see plenty of starfish, anemones, crabs etc. A few wolf eels are known to inhabit some of the sites as well. Depending on how you look at it you could get lucky and get a rare glimpse of a greenland shark :wink: Last time I was out that way there was apparently a pod(??) 15KM east that was being studied. Night dives are cool as well with all sorts of bio-luminescent creatures. It's very cold that way though so be prepared, the salt content can really drive the temp down (-2C). There is a dive center out there that can outfit you, you will need the FQAS card but you can buy a 1 or 3 day card at the center (been awhile since I've been out that way).

---------- Post added June 26th, 2015 at 11:39 PM ----------

If you want to go 1h30 much more to the east than Les Escoumins, I can organize your dives. In Baie-Comeau, by boat. The sites are intact and you will see a lot of animals.
For much more information: www.boutiqueaquatile.com
thank you!

des-poissons-etranges-fleuve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom