Diving Bermuda???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, based on where you're docked, I think that Blue Water Divers is the closest outfit to where you are. (If I'm not mistaked it's about a 20 min scooter ride from the Royal Naval Dockyards to their Somerset Bridge location)

Unlike most other places I've been, for some reason is a standard that the dive shops do not pick you up in Bermuda. You have to get there any way you can.

I'd say your best best is to have a taxi pre-arranged to pick you up at the dockyards at 12:15, get you over to Blue Water divers for their afternoon dive at 1pm, and have the taxi be there to return you when you get back.

If you leave the dock at 1pm, 20 min to dive site, 1 hr bottom time, 20 min back, should put you back at the Naval Dockyards at 3:45....

Cutting it close I know, but that's the best I got...

Good Luck!

D.

Well, your best bet is to have a taxi pick you up from the Dockyards at 12:15 or so, whisk you over to Blue Water divers to catch the afternoon dive at 1pm, then have the taxi be sure to meet you there when the boat gets back a little after three.

BWD is about a 20 min ride from the Naval Dockyards to their Somerset Bridge location, so figure if the boat leaves at 1pm, 20 min to dive site, 60 min bottom time, 20 min back that puts you back at the Dockyards about 3:30 or so. Cutting it very very close to be sure, but it's possible.

D.

Daylonious:
Well, your best bet is to have a taxi pick you up from the Dockyards at 12:15 or so, whisk you over to Blue Water divers to catch the afternoon dive at 1pm, then have the taxi be sure to meet you there when the boat gets back a little after three.

BWD is about a 20 min ride from the Naval Dockyards to their Somerset Bridge location, so figure if the boat leaves at 1pm, 20 min to dive site, 60 min bottom time, 20 min back that puts you back at the Dockyards about 3:30 or so. Cutting it very very close to be sure, but it's possible.

D.

Thank you so mcuh for all your help. I am great at planning other people's trips, and suck at my own. ha!
I will email them and let you know if it works out. Maybe you can meet us there in 06 if we do have a scubaboard group there. :)

Good Luck Natasha! I'd love to hook up with some scubaboard people in Bermuda (or anywhere warm for that matter).

Have fun diving!

D.

I went on a couple of dives with Dive Bermuda (a PADI 5 star IDC operation, located at the Fairmont Southampton Hotel, reasonably close to the Royal Naval Dockyard), last Christmas. They are classy operation, with good equipment. A 2 tank dive currently runs $110, plus equipment. The water is a bit nippy in the winter but not really a problem for most people. The wrecks are great and several are within a twenty minute boat ride. (Bermuda has more wrecked ships than any other island in the world.) However, the boats may not run, if they can't get at least four paying customers. I strongly recommend this operation. If time permits, drink a local "Bermuda Dark N' Stormy" (dark rum & ginger bear) to warm up afterwards and buy a bottle of Gosling Black Seal rum to take home as a souvenir.

SStrecker:
I went on a couple of dives with Dive Bermuda (a PADI 5 star IDC operation, located at the Fairmont Southampton Hotel, reasonably close to the Royal Naval Dockyard), last Christmas. They are classy operation, with good equipment. A 2 tank dive currently runs $110, plus equipment. The water is a bit nippy in the winter but not really a problem for most people. The wrecks are great and several are within a twenty minute boat ride. (Bermuda has more wrecked ships than any other island in the world.) However, the boats may not run, if they can't get at least four paying customers. I strongly recommend this operation. If time permits, drink a local "Bermuda Dark N' Stormy" (dark rum & ginger bear) to warm up afterwards and buy a bottle of Gosling Black Seal rum to take home as a souvenir.

Stephen:
Do you have a contact name there?

Natasha:
Stephen:
Do you have a contact name there?

I believe the instructor's name was Robert (IDLS 609096) at Dive Bermuda (tel. 441-238-2332). He also provided a refresher class session in the hotel pool for my son. You can contact the Fairmont Hamilton Princess Hotel the Fairmont Southampton Hotel for additional details.

Dive bermuda is going to be about a 30-40 min ride from the Naval Dockyards. I stayed at the Southampton Princess when I was there. (Also they are the most expensive diving outfit on the island, IMHO)

Somerset bridge and Blue Water Divers is still your best bet.

D.

SStrecker - LOL! Brought back a case of Ginger beer and 4 litres of Goslings when I came back... introduced everyone I know to Dark n Stormy's....

Thank you for your email. We are moving our check-in time to 9:00am on 21/11/05 for departure at 9:45am. The boat will return to the dock at approx 2:00-2:15pm. Kings Wharf is a 10 minute cab ride from Robinson’s marina, Somerset Bridge. This would be a two-tank dive which will visit one wreck and one reef. The cost is $95 plus equipment.

Regards

Terry Pryse

Blue Water Divers & Watersports

441-234-1034

www.divebermuda.com

Sounds good..we just have to get to him...

Back
Top Bottom