Diving beyond Tahiti in mid-September? Advice please.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
C
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I will be finishing up a trip in Tahiti on September 10 and have a month of vacation that I must use or lose.
Please let me know your thoughts on liveaboards, islands, dive operations etc etc.
Where should I go for the best dive experience in the Pacific?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Depends on what you wish to see that you consider best.

Not clear if you will already be diving in Tahiti or French Polynesia prior to September 10 and are therefore looking to go diving elsewhere. Because to me, French Polynesia, of which Tahiti is one island of many, has some of the best diving in the South Pacific if you are looking for big animal action. September is also a good month to swim with Humpback whales off of Rurutu, Moorea and Tahiti.

If not French Polynesia, Fiji is another place I like in the South Pacific for its soft corals and diversity - from sharks to some macro and everything in between.

The Western Pacific - places like Palau, Yap and Chuuk - have some big stuff, some macro, some nice corals, everything in between, and wrecks.

Since you are an experienced diver, you probably already know that the Eastern Pacific is world-class for big animals, and the Indo-Pacific is great for macro, not bad for corals, incredible biodiversity and has some big stuff as well.

Back
Top Bottom