Diving Cedar Key, FL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

c333davis

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Anyone dive Cedar Key?

I've seen a single dive shop (closed when I was last there) that provides fills and equipment for sale, but doesn't look like they have rentals or a dive charter service.

A Google search produces only one captain/boat combo that specifically mentions diving Cedar Key, but there's no website with info.

Should I assume from the apparent shortage of dive-related commerce that CK isn't a popular dive site...? Or maybe it's just a really well-kept secret, worth me hauling equipment from here on the Atlantic coast and arranging a private boat...?

Thanks for anything y'all can tell me.

One of my favorite dives originated off of Cedar Key. It was a private boat.

Tampa area, a little bit in Fort Myers.

That side is spearfish-land and wrecks.

Other than that...not much

Chug
Cedar Key wannabe tourista.

We went to an offshore cave... way off the armpit of Florida. There was evidence of human occupation at 120'. That was simply an awesome dive.

Hiya NetDoc, I know I'm only about 4 years late into this conversation but I was looking for Cedar Key dive sites and saw your comment about a cave off the armpit of Florida with evidence of human habitation at 120'. Can you tell a bit more about that, please? Thanks, Spencer

Is there anyone that rents cylinders at all near Mantee Springs/Cedar Key? I just got my certification and dive gear. Just need cylinders.

Is there anyone that rents cylinders at all near Mantee Springs/Cedar Key? I just got my certification and dive gear. Just need cylinders.
You're going to be limited to the shops in Cave Country or maybe Bird's Underwater in Crystal River. Not much in between the two in the US 19 area that I'm aware of, but I could be wrong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom