Diving Cenotes from Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubadeep1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone done any cenote dives in Playa De Carmen when staying in Cozumel, can it be done same day as travel on ferry back and forth or do I need to stay a night on the mainland. Also do you have any recommendations on dive ops there for the cenotes. Thanks

It can easily be done on the same day. Many operators do it, including operators in Cozumel.

We did it a couple of years ago while diving with Aldora. They set up everything, as I remember we got back to Cozumel about 4 or 5:00. A great day, price was reasonable.

We did this 2 days in a row a few years back. We dove with a shop within walking distance from Ferry Landing (fairly close but carrying dive gear it seemed longer) Shop was named Dive Mike. Fantastic operator.

I have done it. Used a dive shop Aldora recommended. I would not go to Chac Mool again. Visibility was bad because of the churned up halocline.

It is easy to do in a day from Cozumel, we did it. BIG thing is to get up early and hit the ferry over to PDC. Try to get the first one of the day.
We used Nicholas at CenoteXperience and he was fantastic! He was running the company solo at the time, no dive shop... but now he has a full dive shop and staff. Really safe and will take you away from the crowds.

We've done it a few times. It's very doable. I honestly don't recall what shop we used. The trips were a arranged by Aldora on El Norte days. As others have mentioned, just get up and hop on the first ferry of the day.

Only buy one way ferry tickets. Just trust me.

Only buy one way ferry tickets. Just trust me.
Trust but verify. The reasons he says this are that a) there are two ferry companies running a staggered schedule and they don't accept each other's tix, and b) there is no price advantage in getting a round trip ticket over two one way tix.

I second the recommendation for Nicolas from CenoteXperience Nico and his brother Martin are great guys and excellent dive guides.

Back
Top Bottom