Diving coffee table book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"50 Places to Dive Before You Die"

Planning my retirement :D

Try Brian Skerry's new book: Ocean Soul.

I made my own using the 'Blurb' web site. Has more special meaning for me that way, and I can show people things we've gotten to do so the photos have narrative captions and explain what's happening.

Richard.

One of my favorites is Sea of Light by Richard Salas. It's an utterly beautiful book, and the prose is lovely, as well.

My other favorite is a small book by a local photographer, Jan Kocian, called Whidbey Island Critters. Jan is both a fantastic photographer and a very creative artist, and combines photographs and cartoons in a unique way. You can get a taste of Jan's work on his long-running thread on our local forum.

I think I have the book you are referring to- I got it for a song at a garage sale- I think retail on it was over $50.00. The one I have is a beautiful book, published out of Europe. I think it gives good information on the selected sites, but omits some that I think are naturals to include. It has a great section on Cuba, and emphasizes the South Pacific more than the Caribbean. I also have a beautiful book called simply "Coral Seas." I am not at home to give you the publisher details- it was a gift. It is by Roger Steene, and should be in some bookstores, or they can order it. Retail list is $35.00 but well worth it. Sadly, my little book cannot be called a "coffee table book." Check thread on "The Scuba Snobs to Diving Etiquette" if you are interested- more of a "bathroom book than coffee table book.
DivemasterDennis

Last edited:
Wrecks--The World's Best Divers
treasures of the spanish main
sea of light
the emerald sea
archaeology underwater sea life of the aleutians
sign of the seahorse
beneath the seven seas

people don't come to my house, they keep tripping over all the coffee tables that I need to keep the books on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom