diving dreams

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

barbara

Reaction score
I have always had a reoccurring dream of being able to breathe underwater without scuba. I guess it's similar to dreams of being able to fly. The difference is that It just doesn't seem the same without scuba. I think that the sounds of breathing from scuba and also the depndency on it adds to the exhileration of being underwater. The thrill if you will. If it was not life threatening biologically, to be underwater, then it would be more common place.

Any thoughts on this?

I would like having gills. I'd prefer them to SCUBA. No nitrogen issues, no time limits. OTOH, I wouldn't tade my lungs for gills. I want the best of both worlds.

Hi Barbara

Well on OC scuba gear, I feel that the sound of breathing takes interferes with the tranquility of diving. A rebreather does away with a lot of the "noise" which in my experience makes for a far more relaxing dive.

;-> gjw

The first thing I noticed about breathing underwater was how noisy it was!

I know what you mean about the challenge aspect. There has to be something said about being able to visit a world where we weren't designed to be. It is always a great feeling when a challenge arises and you deal with it, and I guess that wouldn't happen if we could breathe underwater. Diving would be just like going for a walk in the country, lovely, but not quite the same.

I've had this dream before too, only I thought it was pretty darn cool to breathe underwater sans equipment.
I can also relate to the excitemement of "we're not supposed to be down there". I think its sooo cool that we can float with the fish, it really makes you realize what all that water is for!

I used to go to the beach and "hear" the ocean calling me, inviting me. It was so strong sometimes, it was almost scary. Once I learned to dive, those feelings left me.....

My psychologist Daughter has explained the meaning of the dream about diving and breathing underwater but I wonder if any one has dreamed about diving and breathing under concrete?

I guess that there is always the "cheating death aspect" in these type of sports activities such as scuba and sky diving. It adds to the thrill. The most exhilerating experience for me and the thing that I always love to do during a deep wreck dive, is to get down on the sand and look up at the bow, and watch my exhaled bubbles dance along upwards to the surface. Each inhalation is extra exhilerating as you see the distance to the surface.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom