diving dreams

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What a great thread. I’ve had a similar dream… of being underwater with out equipment… I had an opportunity to dive with a Hooka (sp) set up… surface supplied air and all I had was a mask-fins-weight belt. It was really close to the dream. Now I dive with a BP/W nothing cluttering my front and it comes close. Great buoyancy and trim… controlling movement in the water column with your breathing… is close to the dream.

Okay, no more tea close to bedtime. I don't remember whether scuba equipment was involved, but I was underwater with a mask but no hood. The water was warm, so it wasn't here. I usually wear a hood even in warm water because 1) I am used to wearing one; 2) I don't like the sensation of things floating around my head and 3) I stay warmer. Anyway, the one thought I took away from this was the phrase, "Come on in, the water is fine." I should note that before I went to bed, I checked out airline prices for tickets to Florida to visit Mom and took a bubble bath. This is consistent with a lot of my dreams -- mental recycling, I think.

As for breathing noise, at first I remember being shocked by the Darth Vadar sound of it, but now it kind of reminds me of yoga breathing in the awareness and focus it brings.

I have had these dreams and they are by far the best ones I have ever had! In the dream I have absolutely no equipment and I think I just diving in regular street clothes that do not get wet. It is more like I am a spiritual essense rather than physical. These dreams are more like flying because I don't recall the need to swim and I can glide through the water with the ease and speed of a manta ray. This is how I envision heaven and it is a wonderful experience! It is so free!

On a side note, I have tried a rebreather in a pool session and it was really weird. Without the sound and the bubbles it seemed like there was something wrong. I must admit it was a little freaky and I was worried that I would not be able to breath (my mind was playing tricks on me without bubbles and sound). I would like to dive a rebreather some day for the added benefits but I think it would take some getting used to.

- Beck

barbara:
I have always had a reoccurring dream of being able to breathe underwater without scuba. I guess it's similar to dreams of being able to fly. The difference is that It just doesn't seem the same without scuba. I think that the sounds of breathing from scuba and also the depndency on it adds to the exhileration of being underwater. The thrill if you will. If it was not life threatening biologically, to be underwater, then it would be more common place.

Any thoughts on this?

I've dreamed it many times, in many different situations. . . . being underwater and suddenly discovering that I can breathe! It is exhilirating!

I've been told that water represents the subconscious, and that this is a wonderful dream, showing that the person is getting in touch with their subconscious or something like that.

In any case, scuba has helped me actually live that dream. As a matter of fact, I don't know that I've had the dream since getting my OW certification!

In any case, I still love to go deep!

barbara:
I have always had a reoccurring dream of being able to breathe underwater without scuba. I guess it's similar to dreams of being able to fly. The difference is that It just doesn't seem the same without scuba. I think that the sounds of breathing from scuba and also the depndency on it adds to the exhileration of being underwater. The thrill if you will. If it was not life threatening biologically, to be underwater, then it would be more common place.

Any thoughts on this?
I think we scare the fish with our many large bubbles with SCUBA gear.

i have been having nightly diving dreams. none of them have been bad or anything spectacular. i never had these until recently. i recently got my RESCUE certification and about 2 weeks later began having nightly dreams. does anyone have any experiences with diving dreams? ever receive warnings in dreams about diving that actually saved your butt?

wren:
I think we scare the fish with our many large bubbles with SCUBA gear.

Keeps the sharks guessing, otherwise they'd just take us for another fish. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom