Diving EPCOT Living Seas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I refuse to do DiveQuest on the grounds they won't let you bring your own camera, then sell you a generic video for THIRTY FIVE DOLLARS of you or your family for 30 seconds and 20 other people you don't know for the rest of the video.

Plus, you can do 2 boat trips to some amazing reefs and wrecks, bring your camera, computer, speargun, whatever. Actually get 4 dives instead of 1... etc..

i still don't get the whole divequest thing.

its about diving. yes, you can do a charter dive and maybe take better video/pics. and yes you can spear fish and pick up souvenirs. but can your non-diving spouse/children watch you? Also, you would have to dive for years and spend much more than 140.00 to see some of the critters in there. I would be glad to do it again. Maybe not as my first choice, but if I was going to epcot again, Ide do it in a heart beat. the only thing I would do differently, would be to go and do the earliest dive and then wander around Epcot. being as they dont seem interested in making sure you leave once you exit the gift shop.:wink: :D

Our dive club just finished their 3rd dive there (i only wen thte first time) it is a good one time experience. Only 85 if you book a full group.

Cheekymonkey:
Our dive club just finished their 3rd dive there (i only wen thte first time) it is a good one time experience. Only 85 if you book a full group.

That sounds great, how many were in your group?

It was the best!

I don't care what any one says this was my favorite dive so far. Disney treated us like King and Queen. With the AAA discount it came out to $119 ($238 for 2). We had a guy in our group of 6 that they knew by name because it was his 7th visit...and he lives in Florida. What does that say? It is a novelty I must admit but...It's a MUST DO.

Oh...the whole idea of "being on stage" is so killer! Everyone is watching you through the glass...at DISNEY WORLD. It's not your local aquarium that you volunteer at to clean windows. IT'S DISNEY! Well...but it's kinda not too...The staff explained to us that all the money goes to conservation...not to Mickey's pockets. So...they are kinda like a black sheep of Disney. They don't get promoted as much because they don't make Mickey any money.

To me...that is one more reason to support it. The money is going to a good cause. And I get to look cool to a bunch of nondivers. Divers never think I look cool diving...but all those kids did...and the people eating dinner in the Coral Sea restaurant trying to feed you thru the glass...I betterstop...I'm getting REALLY Excited!

I see by all the dive reports on Scuba Board that Disney Dive Quest is really popular. Is there a waiting list to do it?

scousegentleman:
I see by all the dive reports on Scuba Board that Disney Dive Quest is really popular. Is there a waiting list to do it?

I've done it three times, and never had trouble booking several weeks in advance. They can take maximum 12 divers twice a day. The last time I went, we only had 8 at the 4:30 slot and the 6:30 slot was cancelled because no one signed up (and this just a few months ago). So I don't think it is all that popular, at leasst from my limited experience (but I enjoyed it a lot).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom