Diving Fashion!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Must be from when I was a teenager :reaper: but I am all black except for my dive light, which is a dark blue :)
Ranz

I'm going all green and blue. My wet suit: bright green. Bc and fins: blue. Trim on my mask: green. Id rather have some wild print but I can't find squat.

Being a newer diver, I'd like to know when all the neon went out of style. Like you see in all the PADI videos. :)

I bought my daughter a pair of neon green gloves that were being cleared out and I have to admit, the color sure helps in low visibilty.

Marc

as fashion.

I have no diving fashion sense, because my gear ranges in age from 25 years (my knife, my ugly but very serviceable gear bag made by a parachute rigger friend, my octo which is from my old Scubapro rig.), to as new as about 2 or 3 months (my Ranger BC, my Cressi Big Eyes).

I've been less concerned with coordinating things than most, so my mask is black skirted with a yellow frame, my new snorkle, yellow, my slap strap is pink (hey, I won it in a u/w pumpkin hunt), my Wenoka fins, blue, my knife orange, my 3mm jumpsuit black with lime green and blue, my 7mm and my shorty, blue/black. My Ranger is basic black, but my octo is in a lime green holder. My tanks are yellow or blue, with reflective tap up near the valves.

As for the "Men In Black" (Women too, eh?) tech types: I once spent a frantic hour looking for an "all black" diver on a far offshore trip. For some reason, he didn't inflate his sausage. As the daylight faded, I began to think he was lost. Fortunately, the chase boat found him after running a search pattern.

In the gray seas, waning light and 3-4' chop, he was nearly invisible.

Blue, Black, and Gray all the way!! and to spice it up I throw in a dash of international orange with my safety sausage. Heh Heh.

-Crispy

Originally posted by Dea
On a completely unrelated note, I got a Henderson's diveskin that reminds me of a Starfleet uniform (and sadly enough, for that reason LOL)

So does the O'Neill wetsuit I just bought my daughter at depth as the red turns more burgundy looking. I'm jealous. :D

Marc

Back when we first bought gear, my GF insisted that her gear be color-coordinated.

My response - "Who are you trying to impress? The fish?" - was a waste of breath.

What's worse was that she wanted mine to match hers, too! :rolleyes:

"Great, I'm sure the grouper will all be agog."

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

A dive fashionista I am not.

:s (anyone know the code to make a twisted smiley?)

But that was then, and my gear has evolved. Unintentionally, most of it has become black, and now I'm difficult to distinguish underwater.

I don't want to look too much like a tech clone (no offense to you totally black-clad techies, but how do you spot yourselves in the after-dive videos?) so I'm thinking about adding some sort of low-key yellow accents to my new black Turtle fins.

I'm leaning toward double chevrons, but I'm open to suggestions. Ideas?

I just did the silliest thing in diving (well, other than forgetting I had a snorkel and not a reg in my mouth) -- I got a drysuit without trying it on or even seing it in person just because I liked how it looked!
From a photo :eek:
(and because it was the perfect height) But I don't even know if it will fit. That is so not me! I usually go for practical things.

But isn't it the cutest suit? :eek:ut:
http://www.deeprapture.com/drysuit1.jpg

you gotta consider force fins.. their patterns are amusingly flashy looking and they have so untraditional colors.. :p
And they are supposed to be efficient..

picture this: while in Cozumel last January - 3mm shorty - BLACK, with BLUISH PURPLE lycra running tights with LIME GREEN ankles, and YELLOW boots! made for some very colourful photos on the reefs!

My buddy had no trouble finding me and the fish weren't scared away.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom