Diving Fashion!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Young man, I hope I am there on the day you get that fun & funky-fresh ensemble!

It reminds me of the day one co-worker of mine tormented another by flitting around his desk in a zebra body stocking imitating his accent. (Guess u had to be there, but , gosh, I will never see anything without zebra stripes without thinking of it!)

There was a guy last year at an underwater treasure hunt that had on some psychadelic strips. It was an old Body Glove suit found in a warehouse. It inspired me. Wouldn't it be cool to have an underwater Batman get-up (not the cape, of course)? How about neoprene with Van Gogh's "Starry night" printed on it? They have those great skins for women, but why not look like a superhero? As long as we can "fly over tall reefs" I guess we can play make-believe. This from the girl who dressed like a bunch of grapes for Earth Day.

the philosophy that the dangeous fish are the most colorful...

black with blue strip wet suit
black and blue BC
red Reg Hose
orange hose safe second
blue hose gauges
Geen and Blue highlighted Mask
black Bio fins

I have a bright orange BCD - does that count? What I REALLY want is a leopard print dry suit

Originally posted by MissAmberDiva
All my dive equipment is hot pink and black, even my dive knife!!!!!! At least I know that there won't be any guys picking up my stuff and walking away with it!!! HA!:nono:

Don't be too sure. When I dive, i take three backup lights to the site with me. I carry two of them. The third one is a spare. It is hot pink. It is my girlfriends light, but I have no problems strapping it on my harness.

The only other "fashion" I have is the blue stripes on my wetsuit. Oh, but my d-rings on my harness and my bolt snaps are all nice shiny SS. Does that count?

I looked at black drysuits, blue drysuits, and one with an orange top and reflective tape. From years of sailing I know how hard it can be to find anything floating in the ocean.

Easy choice, although it might have been tougher if hot pink or flourescent zebra were options.

I went with black and yellow, but more because the yellow is high visibility than to make a fashion statement. In the low vis of New England waters, I've on several occasions had other divers remark that they were unable to see my buddy at all, but could make out my yellow Mares fins at the limits of visibility. I also think of it as a safety feature on the surface, when wearing my warm water wet suit with the yellow shoulders.

In the 80's, I was color coordinated in all blue, top to bottom. In the 90's I was half blue and half black. Now I'm all black with steel gray accents on my mask and snorkel... And when it's fashionable again I still have my all blue!

I would like to see a bit more grey mixed in with black on wetsuits. It would be a great way to add a bit of detail without going back the neon.

I wear Yellow fins that contrast nicely with the rest of my black stuff.

~marlinspike

Wow wow wow, how fashionable you all are...

It's strange this thread doesn't take place in the Women Only section... Are you more fashion addicts than us females ? :eek:ut:

All black is not good -- you don't want to look like a seal when you'll be diving off the Greenland coast ;-)

I just saw a Mobby drysuit of wonderful "mint" color! I want it! it looks just gourgeous. and it would certainly make me very recognizable underwater. I waaaant it so much (but I don't know how well it will fit) but it is perfect for my height.... and you have no idea how a small 5'3 girl looks in a men's size Large DUI. it is a site I am growing tired off! It does not leak so I use it, but boy how I would love to have a perfect drysuit! So now I am in search....

On a completely unrelated note, I got a Henderson's diveskin that reminds me of a Starfleet uniform (and sadly enough, for that reason LOL)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom