diving from Dubai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

algego

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hi there

in first week of November I'm going back to Dubai. Thinking of using Al Boom as it was a very good expierience and fun. would love to spend a good day of scubadiving again, looking for a buddy to dive with or good recomendation.

In UAE? Just an Indian Ocean bit of the coast. Don't remember name Fujira? Or somthing like that. Was a wery nice trip to go over there from Dubai. Woulding mind going therte again, anywere really.

That's where we usually dive as well, that is the East Coast. West coast is mainly sandy bottoms with many interresting wrecks. My buddy and I are still relatively fresh OW so we don't go deep enough to do the wrecks.
Some of the sites we enjoyed most diving are Martini Rock, Dibba Island, Shark Bay and anemone gardens. Most are very close by boat from Divers Down dive center in Khorfakan.
Schedules permitting we'd be glad to introduce you to the center and the sites and buddy up if you feel like it. Let me know.

Yeah I worked both sides of the coast, some excellent dives if you dont mind a little crappy vis.

My favourite has to be free-diving dibba rock, I used to work across the road from it, and we would take kayaks out before work in the morning, and snorkel.

On the west coast, the Zainab is excellent, 30m, oil tanker, as well as the Dara MV, and old terrorist attack wreck, and then of course the most recent, only may of 2006, the Mariam Express, some cool stuff down there, not bad penetration either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom