Diving goals for next year

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Redshift

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Do you have an idea of what you want to achieve in terms of diving during the next year? Either in terms of diving somewhere, doing courses or getting some equipment?
I usually have an idea of one or two things I'd like to do. For the coming year I expect to finally dive Ojamo and go to the Azores. Then there are some other possibilities, but for which there are less certainties.

For training, I‘m eagerly looking forward to Extended Range and Trimix certifications in February. Regarding sites, there‘s a few local wrecks I‘ll likely check out. I‘ll also continue to venture out from my regular sites some.

I neither want nor need more gear right now (weird, huh?)
My biggest goal for 2015 is team building.

Complete two specialty courses and >9 dives. I know, pretty conservative for many of you - but for a guy in the Midwest, three dive trips in a year is about all I can fit in!

Get my AOW and dive at least twice a month. Also like to learn to spear fish.

My usual target is 52 dives in the year, this year I hit 80, but I usually stick to 52 and everything else is a bonus :D

I would like to return to Lembeh Resort again during the summer, but some things could change that may affect that, my plans for diving HMS Hermes off Sri Lanka may have to be cancelled due to specific work plans that have arisen during the timing for that trip :(

As my daughter has just landed a job as Marine Project Coordinator for Emirates Marine Environmental Group, her boss Major Ali has invited me to join on some of the field trips to uninhabited islands in the Persian Gulf that host some animals that I would love to photograph including dugongs :D perhaps no need to venture further than UAE for my diving in 2015 but I still want to dive Subic Bay in the Philippines.

I will be back in Scotland late August and also plan to meet up with my buddy Dimitris and dive some west coast sea lochs.

Well, I'll be redoing GUE Fundamentals with DaleC in February . . . My goals for 2015 sound modest but will likely be far more difficult to accomplish than big classes or trips. I really want to get out and dive with the two guys I just did Cave 1 with. I'd really like to do some diving up in the San Juan Islands, and maybe get up onto Vancouver Island a time or two. I'd really like to help get our local Project Baseline off the ground. I'd like to do at least one weekend road trip with my favorite dive buddy. These are the hardest goals, because it's at home that I get sucked into the cycle of DMing classes, and the laziness of not wanting to drive anywhere in Seattle traffic.

My aspirations for 2015 are fairly tame.

More diving than 2014
More avg bottom time than 2014
More fun than 2014
More exploration than 2014
Less shaky video and blurry photos than 2014

Take an overhead course
Upgrade my Rec pass to a Tech pass

And maybe, start T1

BRad

Dive with my wife, my son, and my daughter.....maybe all at the same time.

Make it to 1000 dives, 95 to go. I had a great year in 2014, I'm hoping 2015 will as good

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom