Diving goals for next year

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Training:
CCR trimix
finish instructor cert

Diving:
Bonaire at least once this year
dive with my wife in Cayman Brac
Oriskany to the screws

Maybe I'll do cave. Maybe.

The first 6 months of 2015 I will be in China. I want to dive the Great Wall and Qiandao lake (Lion City). I am also planning on taking a long weekend and diving at Anilao in the Philipinnes. When I return, I plan on completing Advanced Nitrox and Intoro to Decompression and dive some of the deeper wrecks off the New York / New Jersey coast.

Happy New Year and safe diving

My goals are simple:
1. Remain healthy enough to dive and to teach and lead other divers
2. Get in at least 3 training weekends with local diving for at least 18 dives ( more is better)
3. Get in at least one trip to a warm sea location and get in a dozen dives (or more)
4. Get in more diving than is stated above.
In the year my wife was certified, we dove Cozumel, Maui, Florida and Fiji, and I got in 4 weekends of local diving here in Colorado. That was a great year. We have had some 3 trip years since, and lots of 2 trip years. Sadly, lately, we have had a couple of one trip years. Thank goodness for thaose pools sessions all year long, and the and the seasonal local dives so I can be in the water without major gaps.
DivemasterDennis

2014 was Utila for me. I really enjoyed it. For 2015, the tentative plan looks as follows:

Trips:
Bonaire (scheduled for May 16 - May 23)

Training:
Rescue
Dive Master

Local Diving:
Great Lakes
Cape Hatteras
Passamaquoddy Bay

Also planning to do an Ice-Dive sometime early next year. Drop me a line if anyone wants to join in on any of the above.

400 dives...again.Maybe like to get in some Keys and Gulf dives this year.
Dive with my wife more.

I did, at the end of December 2013, a list of all the dive excursions I have planned for 2014. The final number was nice, something like 62 dives by December 2014.
The reality during 2014 turned to be quite different for worst. Only 24 dives was the final count up to today with only 3 excursions of the 7 planned.
In the middle I had to let go a planned (and paid) excursion to Bahamas, a planned excursion to Bombinhas and several other planned local excursions. The reasons were :
a.- I was fired from my job and I had to search a new one with scarce 2 week of vacations for the next year.
b.- I suffered Atrial Fibrilation (perhaps owing to a.) that kept me out of diving for some time.
I'm not planning any dive excursion for 2015. What comes will be good.

My diving goals for 2015 ...

- Take one major trip someplace I've never been before ... I've already got that trip on the books (Fiji, in May)
- Get back to some of the places I've been in the past, but haven't been to in a while ... particularly those on Vancouver Island and in the San Juans
- Spend less time teaching ... I love teaching, but it's been interfering with some of the other things I've wanted to get involved in ... I'm considering "retirement" from scuba instruction when my insurance expires at the end of June
- Make it back to cave country (Tulum, MX)
- Spend more quality time with some dive buddies I haven't been diving with as much as I used to

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

To get proficient in my just ordered FLX Extreme dry suit. (3 to 4 week delivery)
Get my 200th dive in before my 3 year certification anniversary. (3/25)
Get my son in a plate and wing rather than the Excursion he is diving now.
Dive trip to Cozumel
Dive trip to Bonaire (never been here)
Possibly relocate to San Diego in late '15

Back
Top Bottom