diving holiday destination recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am disabled and got my OW certification at Low Key in St. John. They were very helpful and understanding.

If you look at me you might not realize that I am disabled because I can walk without assistance and I am able to climb out of a boat with all of my gear on. But making the big step entrance to the water would be challenging, and I have multiple problems with pain and weakness. I was up front with all of the staff and they were more than willing to do what was necessary to get me in the water with no problems. I might have held things up for a minute or two...hey, I was brand new...but really, only a minute or two. Once I get familiar with everything I will probably not hold anybody up for more than a few seconds. Please, be patient. If you are disabled and the diving staff gives you s**t, please let us all know so that we don't spend our hard earned dollars on that operation.

As a disabled person I am really excited about diving. It is something that I can actually DO without pain and for the most part I can keep up. For all of you others out there who are disabled and considering diving...DO IT.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom