Diving Honeymoon in Costa Rica?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TerryTat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm getting married in the next five or six months. I was looking at Tahiti. However I hear that Costa Rica is a Beautiful place to go as well.
Are there any thoughts as to wether or not this would be a good place to go?
Thanks in Advance,
T

Hola, first of all congratulations. Last November we had a wedding here in Coco.
The people called me, and even though I am a dive shop we arranged for them to get married on a secluded island, feet in the sand and a great view. They were very lucky because somehow there were howler monkeys at their ceremony and on the way back we had the dolphins jumping behind the boat. After their wedding they did a dive with us and fell totally in love with Costa RIca. The diving is great here, but the rest of the country offers so much as well. Canopy tours, jungle tracks, waterfalls.....too much to mention.
If you need any info just drop me an email: dive@richcoastdiving.com

Brenda

I think you will love Costa Rica. I was there in Feb 2006 and had a wonderful time. We stayed at Ocotal and everything was great, the staff, the diving, food, views fromthe room. The prices there are also very reasonable compaired to other dive locations. We are planning on a return trip next year. Good luck and congrats.

TerryTat:
I'm getting married in the next five or six months. I was looking at Tahiti. However I hear that Costa Rica is a Beautiful place to go as well.
Are there any thoughts as to wether or not this would be a good place to go?
Thanks in Advance,
T

My wife and I spent a week in Costa Rica a couple of years ago and we stayed at Ocatol Resort. Very nice facility. It is high up on a hill and you can call for a ride up the mountain for meals.

Jungle tours, Canopy rides and the croc river tours were all great. I passed on the mud baths but did enjoy the giant waterfall and hot tubs.

This area has lots of volcanic rock so you won't see a lot of coral but you will see lots of other mariine life.

The exchange rate is excellent and the colon has a value equal to lead sinkers. They have no standing army and are very eco-friendly. I would go back just for all the other sites besides diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom