Diving Huntington Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

duckbill

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm here for my annual summer in-law visit. I always try to hit Corona del Mar and Little Corona while I'm down here, but my mother-in-law prefers Huntington Beach (she's not a diver). Anyhow, I suspect I will be dragged along for a day at Huntington with the family, so would like to know if there is anything but sand to see. I am easily amused, so any flatfish or rays would do me fine, but if sand is all there is I guess I'll have to resort to the ancient beach past time of sight-seeing:crafty: How about the pier? Too much monofilament hazzard? I'd prefer to keep my gear hook-free unless it's worth a visit.

I'm from H.B. and am curious what the diving would be like along the beach. I live in Arizona now and do mostly lake diving.

If you do dive it would be great if you could post where you dove and what it was like.

Most cities in California prohibit diving under the piers...not 100% sure about Huntington Beach...check 1st. I know Redondo will fine you.

The rumor I heard is that Orange County is fine with it as long as you ask first. But LA County will not let you. This subject came up the other day at a dive shop.

Thanks, guys. We had our day at Huntington today, but from what the locals were saying I decided to forego the dive. Sand, sand, sand is what I've been told. The spot where we were wasn't even very good for body surfing. Too strong an undertow to get a good swim going on the larger waves further out, and the smaller waves were too close in and too small to ride anyway. I'm sure there must be better spots along the beach though. All in all great weather, and a fun day for the family.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom