Diving in BVI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

happydiver

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

My group and I are going to Tortola in 10 days. One definite dive site is the RMS Rhone. My question is, has anyone been diving here and what other dive sites would you highly recommend? Also, any must see "land" things? Lastly, where can you go for some good cheap beers?

Thanks all!

...Happydiver

happydiver,

Tortola is located about 60 miles east of Puerto Rico,
and just a few miles east of the U.S. Virgin Islands, St. John and St. Thomas, so there is alot else to do and see if you have the time or are planning on doing some hopping around.

Tortola is a "mountainous island" which is equally as beautiful as the many beaches. If youre into seeing the Notable landmarks or sights, then would be Mt. Sage National Park and Rain Forest, its Botanical Gardens, the North Shore Shell Museum, the ruins of an 18th century rum distillery, and the ruins of Fort Recovery, which is a Dutch stronghold that dates from 1648.

One major suggestion, take lots of pictures!!

=-)

I've made over 25 dives on "The Rhone". The ship sank in a late October hurricane in 1867 and lies in 35-85 feet of water. As an original iron-hull, much of the structure remains intact. The marinelife is abundant. This is "the world's favorite wreck dive". Beware of ocassional strong currents running through the cut on Salt Island. This wreck was the sight of the underwater scenes for the move, "The Deep" with Nick Nolte and Jackie Bisett.

Other dives in the BVI are the Dogs, Blond Rock, Santa Monica Rock, and my favorite Alice in Wonderland.

While on Tortola, don't miss dinner at Spaghetti Factory. Also, you'll miss the best if you don't cocktail at "The Bat Cave".

Have a great trip. If you make it to St. John, look for me at Book-It V.I.!

chillyb,

Did you take photos there while diving that you would like to place in a gallery? If so let me know I'd be happy to do it for you.

=-)

Hello Doc_Sandy,

it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

and the winner of the oldest resurrected thread of the week is.... <drumroll>

THIS ONE!

Back
Top Bottom