Diving in Cambodia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gerard

Reaction score
Hi Everybody

Just to let the dive world know that it is now possible to dive in Cambodia.
Scuba Nation Diving Centre
The only PADI dive centre in Cambodia

email: scubanation@yahoo.com

In Phnom Penh & Sihanoukville
Contact Gerard & Vicky

address Phnom Penh:
#20 street 278 ( Behind Lucky Supermarket)

Tel:+855 (0)12 715 785 or +855 (0) 23 211 898

address Sihanoukville:
Weather Hill Station
Near the Mash Melting Pot

Mailling address:
PO BOX 2545
Phnom Penh 3
Cambodia

SCUBA NATION DIVING CENTRE
RUN BY DIVER FOR DIVERS

Diving in Cambodia is fairly new and many dive sites are not mapped yet, every time you discover new things.
The dive sites are not close to the shore so you spent some time on the boat, to go to the more remote dive sites you have to spend a night on the boat diving in Cambodia is an adventure.

You have a lot of accomodation in Cambodia and depending on you budget you can get a room from US$ 2 upto US$ 2000 one night.
Cambodia is a great country to visit and there are several website which tell you about the country.
If you need more information just drop us an email

Hi Gerald, you just got back to me on an email I sent you (I'm bigfoxy01@hotmail.com), I'll be diving with you in December. Thanks for the detailed info you sent out to me in it, it was very imformative and I look forward to heading out on some dive trips with you in the near future. :)

I was wondering if you could tell me how long it takes to recieve cert. cards once a person has completed their chosen course (in my case advanced open water)

Is it a matter of a couple of days or a couple of weeks?

Also if I was completing my advanced cert. could I do the dives over a week-end in the case where you described going out into the more distant dive sites and staying overnight on the boat?

(I was thinking if I could do that I'd get to do an excellent variety of diving while getting my cert. and then spend some other days doing fun diving in the closer dive sites.)

Thanks for any advice you can this stuff.

One other thing, I spent alot of time over the last month calling your phone number and never getting an answer, I probably called 30 times over a few weeks at different hours and never managed to get you guys, do you have an answering machine? Anyway it doesn't matter now because your email answered everything I had to ask at the time.

PS do you know anything about a downed US helicoper that can be dived on in your area? If you know about it and what the story with it is please let me know I'd be most interested. thanks.
:)

Hi

Nice to read your email and reply on the subaboard, I just signed up a couple of days ago and I have to get use to check this on on a regular basis.

If you finish an PADI course you recieve staight- away a temporary card with is valid for 90 days, in that time period you can dive worldwide.
In that time PADI will send you your permanent certification card which looks like a credit card.

Yes you could do your AOW combined with an overnighter, offcourse we need some divers to plan an overnighter.

We heard about the helicopter, it's an Americaan helicopter and it somewhere near Koh Tang an island 4 hours from Sihanoukville.
I know that there was a battle between the us army and the Khmer Rouge.
We are planning to go there next week and if we find it we let you know.

We discovered some nice new dive sites some not very deep but full of corals and fish, this week on a dive two of our divers saw 20 kobia's.

Hope I gave you enough info but if you need to know more let us know and drop us and email at scubanation@yahoo.com

Looking forward meeting you

Gerard & Vicky

Sounds interesting.

We heard about the helicopter, it's an Americaan helicopter and it somewhere near Koh Tang an island 4 hours from Sihanoukville.
I know that there was a battle between the us army and the Khmer Rouge.
We are planning to go there next week and if we find it we let you know.

Please share the results of your search with us on the board !
Thanks.

Hi Divers

We went to Koh Tang and it was brilliant, we didn't find the helicopter but we discovered some great dive sites.
One of our customers said that they haven't seen this in the Red Sea and it should be made a protected area.
The vis was great and there are big gardens full of hard and soft corals.
It is just great to dive here because every time we discover new things.

happy diving

Gerard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom