Diving in Cape Verde

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MPHS

Registered
Reaction score
We are planning to go for holidays towards Cape Verde (one of the islands). Has anyone been there before? Please let me know what your experience was overthere, (favourite diving sites, diving shops, favourite island and other interesting info)

regards

Marco

Hi Marco

Cape Verde has more than one island. Which one are you planning to visit? and when? Windy season is just starting, meaning rough seas and strong currents.
There not much information available.
I was in Sal last year. Diving is fun, but not exceptional. You have 3 or 4 operators in the island, and most of them will take you to the usual dive sites. They are located in the hotels, so they're easy to find.
Some friends of mine were in Sao Vicente, and the diving is great there, but just one operator i think (they dove with a local knowledge).
if you need contacts or so PM me

Sue

Hello Sue,

Which island ? yes there are some to pick, we had in mind Sao Nicolao and Sal, but if you think Sao Vincente is also great we will drop Sal (Sao Nicolao is one island we want to visit) we are not planning to visit more than 2 or 3 islands. We will make max. 10 dives the rest of our time we will enjoy the nature on the islands.

kind regards,

marco

Hi Marco

As I told you we dove only Sal, and as far as I know it's the only island with good diving infrastructures.
But you can take a look at:
http://www.caboverde.com/
where you find some information about all islands.
Maybe if you send some mails you'll be able to get contacts about diving ops in other islands.

Take care

sue

Back
Top Bottom