Diving in December?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaJana

Reaction score
My husband and just planned a trip to Augustine, FL at the end of December. I really wasn't expecting to be able to dive anywhere due to the water temp., but I see that some of you are going out at this time to do some diving. So I just thought I would ask what are some places to dive in the area if any and what are the water temps like? Thanks for your help!

Jana

You can do a dive in the tank at Marineland which is right down the road from St. Augustine.

I've never dived that area, but it has to be warmer than the Gulf. The station at St. augustine is not showing water temps, the one off shore is not giving any data. The station 20 nautical miles east of Cape Canaveral is showing temps of 73 - 75 now. The station 40 nautical miles southeast of Savannah GA is showing temps of 61 - 62. From that, I'd guess mid to upper 60's now. Should drop a little more by the end of the month.

ScubaJana once bubbled...
My husband and just planned a trip to Augustine, FL at the end of December. I really wasn't expecting to be able to dive anywhere due to the water temp., but I see that some of you are going out at this time to do some diving. So I just thought I would ask what are some places to dive in the area if any and what are the water temps like? Thanks for your help!

Jana

Some lovely dives here this time of year. The water is colder at 39F but not yet hard.

Even then, that's nothing a chainsaw can't fix.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom