diving in disney world

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kyleterry

Contributor
Reaction score
The family and I are going to disney world next month. I read in the promo book that there was an aqurium that you can dive in. It has rays and sharks, and so on. Has anybody ever on that? Just trying to decide if it is worth it. It does say adult divers only, so I could not take the kids (my wife does not dive). I am trying to decide if it is worth seperating from the family for 1/2 a day while on vacation. My first thought is that it sounded a little canned and I would be better off taking a seperate trip with the family to dive the keys in real water.

Just looking for feed back

Yes, actually I remember reading in a magazine that it was a must dive. Meaning you should definitely do it. The only catch is that you need to make the reservations way in advance, and I understand it isn't exactly cheap either. I'd be interested in learning more about it... does anyone have any info on it?

I have sent divers there. It's called Dive Quest. It's in the Living Seas exibit of Epcot Center.
All your equipment is provided and they pretty much insist you use theirs.
Everyone has said it's a fantastic experience, as all of Disney is in my opinion.
Your kids can watch you dive in the Coral Reef restaurant while you swim past them.
It's wonderful, but a bit pricey indeed.
I believe it's 145.00 a diver and you must show your C card.
If you are still interested I'll look up the number where you can pre book it.
:sunny:

kyleterry,

I remembered seeing something on this when we first started looking for where to do our Open Water referrals. Of course we recognized this would not be OW, but it still sounded like fun. Since we don't have our OW cert yet, we obviously havent tried it.

I went to the PADI website and searched the Recreational Facilities. They have more info there, but the general info is:

The Living Seas, Epcot Center Dive Dept S-18781

Description:
The ultimate dive in a 6 million gallon aquarium with more than 50 species of marine life including sharks, rays, turtles and diverse tropical fish. The dive offers guaranteed calm seas, no current and great visibility. Includes all equipment, T-shirt, certificate and refreshments. Call (407) 939-8687 for reservations or call (407) 560-5590 for recorded information.

http://www.padi.com/ then search the Rec Facilities using Orlando and United States to narrow the search.

tyki

KyleTerry,

Epcot DiveQuest is a must. I just did this back on Feb. 2 -- see the link below for a trip report I posted on Scubadiving.com describing my experience. I have never heard anything but great reviews about this dive -- from both newbies and VERY experienced divers. Also fun to be able to share the experience with your family, since they can watch you. They book these dives at 4:30 and 5:30 each day, so you won't have to miss a whole day of theme parking. One suggestion I would have is to book dinner reservations at the Coral Reef restaurant (this is the restaurant that looks out onto the aquarium that you dive in) for 7PM -- book yourself on the 4:30 dive. You will be done right about 7 and can then head straight to dinner with your family.

Also -- I would call ASAP. If you are going down there at a high voume time (e.g., April school vacation), these dives can be booked up well in advance.

http://www.scubadiving.com/members/tripreports.php?s=511

Enjoy!

Thank you all for your imput. It sounds like something I need to try out. Will be going in October.

I have dove the Living Seas two times. Once 2 years ago and this past February. It is a nice dive, there are lots of fish including Rays, Sharks, and a huge turtle. The Living Seas staff is great. The best part of the whole thing the last time was the great reaction my 2 year daughter had when she saw me underwater. I think she is in the video more than I am.

I wouldn't want to dive it all the time, but every few years it makes for a good time.

The family and I are going to disney world next month. I read in the promo book that there was an aqurium that you can dive in. It has rays and sharks, and so on. Has anybody ever on that? Just trying to decide if it is worth it. It does say adult divers only, so I could not take the kids (my wife does not dive). I am trying to decide if it is worth seperating from the family for 1/2 a day while on vacation. My first thought is that it sounded a little canned and I would be better off taking a seperate trip with the family to dive the keys in real water.

Just looking for feed back

They use fake water? :confused:Wow! Disney thinks of EVERYTHING!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom