Diving In Dubai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rishad

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm really new to diving and have just got my SCUBA Diver's certificate. I plan to do the Open Water Course, but in some time.
In the meanwhile I'm visiting Dubai and was wondering if I can go for some easy recreational dives.
The last I dived was in Goa where the visibility was about 6 meters which wasn't too good.
Is the visibility better at dive location off Dubai?
Who are the recommended operators?
At this stage I have to dive with a PADI certified instructor or dive master.

I'd be greatful for any info.
Thanks

Rishad

Hello Rishad
Welcome to Scubaboard,
If you look through the Middle-east section of this forum, there are loads of threads dealing with 'diving in / around Dubai'.
Visibility off Dubai is not very good - but on the other hand they have built some great hotels/resorts instead...*sigh*
Most people dive with Al Boom (on Al Wasl Rd), The Pavillion (Jumeraih Beach Hotel), Scuba Tec (behind Sana Building in Karama) - most of these dive centers offer day trips in or around Khor Fakkan on the east coast, or in Musandam. To dive in Musandam, the basic requirement is that you are an AOW, but I wouldn't dive there unless I had logged a few dives (30-40 minimum).
If you need more information, there are plenty of people here from Dubai that can give you more up to date info...
Cheers
Ian

Dubai vis is bad, to to raz al kemah has a better vis around 20 to 30 feet. If you go to musandam (50 feet or so)

To dive in Musandam one do NOT need to be Advanced Open Water Diver. We even qualified Open Water in Dibba (Scuba 2000) and did our first dives around Musandam on a dhow trip.

Diving in Dubai is not worth it. The vis is too bad due all the construction works (The Palm I,II,III, The World) going on. The little coral life here is gone and most of the wrecks are for tech divers only (too deep).

Up to Sharjah and Ras Al Kaimah are some better wreck dive sites.

The best diving in the area by far is Musandam and Khor Fakhan. Many shallow reefs, deeper ones and rich underwater life. Visability is not always perfec but most likely between 5m - 25m. Lots of opportunities to do daily trips, or even 3-5 day tours with Al Marsa in Dibba or some Dive Centers around.

Many Dubaians do also dive in the Red Sea (Sudan/Egypt/Jordan) or in Oman (Muscat/Salala). All destinations are in reach of a 1-2 hours flight.

I love the wrecks that we have in Dubai/Sharjah... the newest being Mariam Express... I also dive Zainab, last time I went, we had over 50 Meters vis...

So, a lot of times viz is crap but sometimes we are just lucky!

coliseum:
I love the wrecks that we have in Dubai/Sharjah... the newest being Mariam Express... I also dive Zainab, last time I went, we had over 50 Meters vis...

Great to hear Coliseum,

Makes me think that we maybe should try one of the wrecks in Dubai or Sharjah.
I am starting a new thread in The Gulf to just introduce ourself a bit and create our own thread, see you there.

Arabian Diver represents a number of world-renowned, innovative, global associations such as PADI, IANTD, MSF, and brands such as Beuchat and Cochran which compliment Arabian Diver in offering solutions for company excursions, holiday seekers, and youth contingencies.

adel@arabiandiver.com
www.arabiandiver.com
tel/fax: 00971 7 236 3102
mobile: 00971 50 2428128

coliseum:

Hi Coliseum,
I think that you may have just what I am looking for. I badly need the GPS coordinates of both the Mariam and Zainab, I hear they're really something. Any tips on diving these sites??

Thanks a million.

Jad.

when i was in dubai, i rented a car and went diving in fujairah with scuba international. saw lots of turtles and a big eagle ray. viz was good.

Back
Top Bottom