Diving In Dubai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, anybody know what the deal is ref Mariam ? Heard some rumours that it was off limits for divers until further notice by order of the owner and enforced by Coastguard. And does anybody have the correct GPS ?

And with regards to the general discussion on best Viz. In my experience/opinion, it is absolutely impossible to guess where you will find the best viz in the UAE. One site can be good one day and crap the next. I think the golden rule is; expect/prepare for bad viz - then you will be over the moon if the viz is good :wink:

And remember; a day of bad diving is still better than a good day at work !!!!

Hi there,

Arabian Diver has found some new wrecks off the Ras Al-Kheimah coast. They are perfect for open water and advance divers who are in search of something new and want to learn about artificial reefs. drop us a mail at www.arabiandiver.com

For anybody who wants to know the co-ordinates of mariam express let me know.

DLTM : 476913 E, 2816561 N (Dubai Local Grid)
WGS84: 25° 27.345' N, 55° 06.227' E
Minimum Depth ~5m
Maximum Depth ~20-22m

Deal with coastguard at the moment I do not know... But I'm sure some people here do know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom