Diving in FIJI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry for the errant post, well I will be going to Fiji in May, 4 days Garden Island, # days at the Beqa Laggon and 5 days in the Mamanucas. What ids the best dive op in beqa , I will be staying at the Hideaway, Any good places to eat?? What about night life???

Strongly recommend diving with Aqua-Trek in Beqa. I went with them last year and found them to be professional and very responsive to their customers.
Which was not true when I went out with the dive operation at the Hideaway (I believe they called themselves SPAD) on a previous trip (in 2002). After almost a week of their promising to go to the Lagoon but always ending up just going to a nearby reef that had little to offer except proximity, I got fed up and arranged for transportation to Pacific Harbor and dive trips with a couple of the operators there (Beqa Divers and Dive Connections, I think were the names). The difference was phenomenal and I was really kicking myself for not doing it sooner.
The Hideway was OK but nothing special. Food was pretty good but their Island Night program was the lousiest I've experienced in Fiji. The biggest drawback is their location - almost an hour's drive from Pacific Harbor and access to Beqa Lagoon diving. That's why, on our subsequent trip, we stayed at the Lagoon Resort right in Pacific Harbor - & the Aqua-Trek picked me up daily right in front.
Beqa is pretty awesome diving - & if you like lots of action, don't miss Aqua-Trek's shark feeding dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom