Diving in Florida 10/25-10/29?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MichaelG

Reaction score
I will be in central Florida from October 25th to October 31st. I will be staying in Ocala and Orlando area (probably Daytona too). I will be able to do a dive anywhere between 10/25 to 10/29. My last dive in Fla was Alexander Springs. It was okay, but not great. I was going to do another solo there, but would prefer something different.

I am looking for recommendations, such as a boat dive off of Daytona and/or a cavern dive. Unfortunately, I will be by myself, so I may need to find a dive buddy.

Any recommendations, such as recommended dive shop to schedule with. Perhaps a boat dive (buddy with a DM) or a cavern dive with a dive shop. I am AOW certified, have all my own equipment, but only have about 25 dives under my belt.

--MichaelG

but try doing searches on
Boyton Beach
West Palm Beach
Forty Fathom Grotto
Springs

Use each of these as a "key word" and then restrict the search to the Florida Conch Divers area... Here is the search on
Boyton Beach

Sea Dogs out of Daytona runs a great operation. I have been on their boat before and will definatly go again. Their crew is very knowledgable and courteous. Their website..... www.seadogdiver.com

I'm going to blue Grotto this weekend to do some skills and such
I need a buddy if your interested. Tried to go last Sat. but the guys I was going with left me hanging.

But this Saturday I am heading South for the Scubaboard Slumber Party and Dive Extravaganza and meet some really kewl people.

That being said, I would love to try out Seadogs... they might even be suitable for my classes and such. I will never know until I dive with them.

I just checked out there site and they seem a bit pricey.
$65 for a 2 tank dive including tanks and weights. I didn't see any price for someone that has there own tanks and weights to use. Don't know if they adjust the price for that. Other than that the price is standard.

They have to drive further to get you to great dive sites...

and thats about it... not sure why they are so expensive... probably why I haven't dove them yet. :tease:

NetDoc once bubbled...
They have to drive further to get you to great dive sites...

and thats about it... not sure why they are so expensive... probably why I haven't dove them yet. :tease:

The reef line is like 20 miles off shore of Daytona, not like down in South Florida where you are only a mile or 2 off shore.

have you dove with these guys??? I have only done private boats in that area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom