Diving in Guam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guam has some great diving. The Blue Hole, Crevass, Piti bomb holes and Toki Maru/Comorant are all world class. Get in contact with MDA, Micronesian Diving Association, and they can hook you up. If you can only do one dive I would do the Toki. Only place in the world where you can dive a WWI and WWII wreck on the same dive.

Hello,
I can take you out with up to 5 of your friends to the sites recommended by doubler for a very reasonable price.
You can e-mail me for a price list at gieaquaman@yahoo.com if you like.
Thanks,Gie

Guam's a good place to dive at! You have the Tokai Maru & Cormoran wreck where it's the only place in the world that two ships from two different world war eras touch each other. There's also the Blue Hole (Great visibility), The American Tanker (US Tanker that sunk while the breakwater was being built I believe), The Crevice, Barracuda Rock, Shark's Pit and more! You'll certainly enjoy Guam diving. Go to the MDA shop in Piti or look for GTDS to schedule boat dives to those areas. Hope you enjoy ! :D

Guys, this is just a follow up on my initial enquiry re Guam Diving. I apologise for not thanking the respondents earlier, however the final site/country/continent for the son's wedding was not determined until late. However my wife, 2 granddaughters and I travelled to Guam - Air Philippines (OK) via Manila and stayed at the Pacific Islands Club (PIC) for 8 days, arriving back in Oz last saturday. I would guess that the only Australians who dive at Guam are the stopovers to or from Truk (sorry Chuuk!) and are available to dive as a group. I rang several dive operators, and was either unable to get onto a boat as a single diver, or they did not operate a pick up service from the hotel. I was eventually directed to Rainbow Divers who run the snorkel/scuba operation at the PIC. I was picked by the following morning by Brian who was the dive guide and met at the wharf by Norman the boat driver and then found that the other two divers had cancelled out. We dived the Blue Hole in 30+ metres viz and complete isolation, however there were three full boats dropping divers as we chilled out at the safety stop. Twenty minutes later we were moored over the Tokai and after the surface interval, had a very good dive in and around the ship including a bounce down to see the Cormorant. A thoroughly enjoyable day out with excellent service from the Rainbow people.

Please Note: Our travel agent advised that under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), a visa was not required. Not so - all VWP travellers are now required to obtain a travel authorisation through the "Electronic System for Travel Authorisation' (ESTA), prior to travel to the USA. This should be done online at https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov. and the service is free.

Back
Top Bottom