Diving in Japan and good diving destination close to Japan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haiawata

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi everybody,
this is a far cry but I hope experienced fellows can advise me on diving in Japan and proximal destination. I am going to Japan for sabbatical and will be working in Tsucuba and Sapporo. I will stay there for three months between Februsry and May. My schedule is flexible, so I would want to dive Japan and possibly other destinations that are easy to reach from Japan. I live in USA, so I'd rather get an advantage of cheaper flights between Japan, Philippines, Indonesia, or any other nice diving destination. Can anybody advise me on destinations? Can anybody let me know approximate costs for flights between these destination and Japan? If I want to dive Okinawa that time of year, what wetsuit to bring? Is it worthwhile to carry an extra bag with diving stuff, will I save money on flights between Japan and the above destinations? I am familiar with Philippins and Thailand diving, but not beyond of these places in that area.

thanks for considering such a complex request.

OK, I try to refocus my question. Are there good places to dive in Japan between February and May? Those that have something good to see and that do not need more than 5 mm suite? Any suggestions on Indonesia and Malaysia diving in the same time?

Cheers,

Palau is one of the best site and the best season as well. It will take 4.5hr from Tokyo international airport(Haneda) or Narita.

5mm is what you need and Okinawa has many destinations.... February is a top month for Yonaguni and hammerheads... Ishigaki is good for mantas... Sky skyscanner for cheap tickets....
Cebu is cheap from Japan and I definitely also recommend Palau. You have 5-day dive packages for around 130.000¥ hotel, flights and diving included. Check Vacations21 website! Palau is the best!
Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom