Diving in Jordan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gabriel

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm planning a diving vacation in Jordan and would appreciate any feedback about the following dive centres:

Seastar, Aquaba
Royal Diving Club, Aquaba

Seastar already has a good reputation, but any further info/recent visit experiences gratefully received. I've only seen adverts for the Royal Dive Club, but read no reviews so any reports appreciated.

Many thanks,

Gabriel

Seastar was very good, diving was easiest I've ever done.

Side trips excellent.

Would I go back? YES

Go and enjoy!

Seadeuce

Just came back from 5 days of diving with Seastar..
Very good setup - they are located in a hotel - the Al Cazar (same owners) and you take their bus to their dive club every morning. They just got a new boat in the water - we were on the inaugural trip...and well...a bit of trial and error for a while there... boat driver(?) found the harbor really difficult...*sigh*...oh well..
They schedule two dives every day + night dives a couple of times each week, but you can do more dives if you want to. We did between 3-5 dives each day except when we went on the boat...
Basically all dives are shore dives, and like Seadeuce said, the diving is easy...good viz, no currents, spectacular corals, fish life...well, I'm spoilt rotten...I expected more... The house reef they have is great...not like any other house reef i've ever seen..depth from 0 - 50m+ I guess..huge barracudas, napoleon wrasses, unicornfish...
What else? You usually leave your equipment at the dive club - so no lugging heavy bags around...Staff is great, nothing is a problem...several DM's and Instructors on-hand ... we didn't see any trust-me dives, you don't need to have a dive leader with you on the dives...there's always a DM/instructor as surface support though..
Tell 'em a couple of days in advance if you want to do night dives, they need to get the coast guard on site....water is cold as heck..20C...

PM me if you want more information....I'll be happy to give it...

You can get pretty good rates if you also stay at their hotel...the owner is great..
Don't forget to go to Petra while you're there...takes about 2-3 to drive and Geeez! It's spectacular...

Back
Top Bottom