Diving in Koh Tao on early Novemeber?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool..that will be nice. See you in a month!!

Ringo:
Actually it is quite the opposite. June is the high season for Koh Tao (which is located on the Gulf side of Thailand, South China seas) with November entering their low season. For Phuket, Krabi and Phi Phi areas (the Andaman sea) November is the high season.
Hi, just got back from Koh Tao and were in the low season, We were told that the high season was about to start. The vis was pretty good for the most part. You can enter in clear water and then have cloudy water float in, but it usually clears up again. I am told that you can never tell for sure what the vis is going to be year around. This is because the water is constantly circulated in a circle. The Similans are always clear if you want to give that a try, I would highly recomend it. The Vis is clear here because the currents keep everything moving.

Stevenl/Tidbit,
I'm planning to go to Bangkok ALONE for 3 days Dec 24 - Dec 27. This was an unexpected one and wish to travel and shop in Thailand. Just doing my research. Can you guys help me with my travel plans please.
I'm looking for
1. Fun ;-) (I guess i made it clear)
2. Some diving
3. Little shopping.
4. Sight-seeing
Thanks
-KK

I think Phuket would be perfect for you. For the fun, Patong is an excellent place, and if you want it a bit more quiet places like Kata and Karon are good.
The diving is very good, with lots of choice of destinations including daytrips to the Similans.
Whatever you want to buy you can get, and lots of things to see, including poarts of Phuket that most people don't see, nice trips to e.g. Phi Phi, Phuket Fantasea, etc.

If you let me know exactly what you are looking for, and in which price class, I can give you some hotel suggestions, diving options, etc.

Hi, just got back from Koh Tao and were in the low season, We were told that the high season was about to start.
Maybe regarding the number of people, but definately not regarding conditions. The rainy season has just started in the Gulf, which will reduce visibility further.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom