Diving in Monaco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

poleinahole

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Monaco boasts a friendly and very active dive club which will let visitors join them if there is room. (But note that you may not be going out with a dive professional.)

The Club D'Exploration Sous Marine de Monaco is located at the entrance to the Fontvieille Port near the Stamp and Maritime Musuem. E-mail: communication-cesmm@libello.com Mobile: +377-6 78 63 04 24. Website: C.E.S.M.M. Club de Plongée de Monaco. You can book your dives online if you can understand some French. I had no luck reaching anyone by phone or e-mail. Its manned entirely by volunteers in a large space made available by the City of Monaco. They have showers, toilets, rinse tanks and a RIB boat. The Club is open everyday from 9-5 from May to end october. During winter, they dive on Saturday and Sundays at 8:30 and at 1:30 and ocasionally on Monday if a minimum of 3 divers want to go out.

They have a good range of gear to rent out. A Dive with all equipment is 38 Eur. As with diving with French clubs, you need a medical certificate. They ask that it be dated within 3 months of your dive, but they accepted mine though it was nearly a year old.

They don't usually dive in Monaco waters but in St. Jean Cap Ferrat, France. Many of their divers are policemen and they like going deep. We went to 150 feet on the one dive I went with them, so make sure you are comfortable diving in colder waters. very friendly bunch of guys.

I stayed at three star Hotel Ambassador which was right above the entrance to the Port and a 5 minute walk from the dive shop. The hotel is not fancy, but clean and very reasonably priced for Monaco.

Diving in Monacao

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monaco boasts a friendly and very active dive club which will let visitors join them if there is room. (But note that you may not be going out with a dive professional.)

The Club D'Exploration Sous Marine de Monaco is located at the entrance to the Fontvieille Port near the Stamp and Maritime Musuem. E-mail: communication-cesmm@libello.com Mobile: +377-6 78 63 04 24 . Website: C.E.S.M.M. Club de Plongée de Monaco. You can book your dives online if you can understand some French. I had no luck reaching anyone by phone or e-mail. Its manned entirely by volunteers in a large space made available by the City of Monaco. They have showers, toilets, rinse tanks and a RIB boat. The Club is open everyday from 9-5 from May to end october. During winter, they dive on Saturday and Sundays at 8:30 and at 1:30 and ocasionally on Monday if a minimum of 3 divers want to go out.

They have a good range of gear to rent out. A Dive with all equipment is 38 Eur. As with diving with French clubs, you need a medical certificate. They ask that it be dated within 3 months of your dive, but they accepted mine though it was nearly a year old.

They don't usually dive in Monaco waters but in St. Jean Cap Ferrat, France. Many of their divers are policemen and they like going deep. We went to 150 feet on the one dive I went with them, so make sure you are comfortable diving in colder waters. Very friendly bunch of guys.

I stayed at three star Hotel Ambassador which was right above the entrance to the Port and a 5 minute walk from the dive shop. The hotel is not fancy, but clean and very reasonably priced for Monaco.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom