Diving in Nov...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Free offer? How are you going to get to the island? The sea is extremely choppy in November. Most resorts are closed, except Berjaya Tioman (because they bring guests by airline from Kuala Lumpur's Subang airport).

I've flown to Tioman in December, some yrs ago, we ended up not doing anything because of the non-stop rain.

Well, if it costs nothing to you, just go. Who knows, could be blue sky in November?

dive_lover88:
Ok,here's a qn for freqent divers, i have an offer to go to tioman from the 4-6th of Nov...do you guys recommend it?

Go for it !!!

The sea at this time of year can be fantastically flat. Just before the monsoon starts blowing, normally towards the end of November. The water can be so calm; like a sheet of glass that it is almost eerie. In those conditions the visibility can be well over 100ft.

I spoke to someone who works on Tioman last week and was told that conditions is still good. The ferries are still operating out of Tg. Gemuk and I am quite sure out of Mersing as well.

You might want to speak to someone who is out there to check of weather conditions just before your trip, just in case the winds start blowing earlier this year. Hope it works out for you and have a good time !

I live and work in the East Coast (Terengganu), so far in October, it's been raining a lot, though not heavy shower but more to drizzle, and cloudy all day long. I'm not pretty sure about the winds though, it could still be calm in Oct and Nov, but my major beef is the shower and overcast sky.

hey dive lover; whatta coincidence; my dive operator is planning a trip to either dayang or tioman in november as well.. and i have the some concern as u too; isnt this like full blown monsoon season oredi? Thus the replies from fellow divers here will be useful for me too.. hope the post abt the water being clear as glass holds true this november, that would be excellent.. been overseas for work too long and cannot tahan, craving to descend :)

i m kinda worried abt the crazy weather system we are having now,so crappy and unpredictable.I wanna get some dives in before my sch starts.havent dived for a few months already.I dont mind diving in s'pore waters also;as long as i can breathe compressed air!

Well why don't you guys go and let me know? :)

I'm trying just to be on the safe side, mainly because what most people said about monsoon season. Plus most travel agent website that I go usually don't quote rates for Nov/Dec, except the Berjaya Resorts because they offer flights.

ddavid:
hey dive lover; whatta coincidence; my dive operator is planning a trip to either dayang or tioman in november as well.. and i have the some concern as u too; isnt this like full blown monsoon season oredi? Thus the replies from fellow divers here will be useful for me too.. hope the post abt the water being clear as glass holds true this november, that would be excellent.. been overseas for work too long and cannot tahan, craving to descend :)

I have been out in Oct. /Nov many times without problems. Having said that one can never tell about the weather. If I didn't have another trip abroad, I would not hesitate.

However as with normal practice in diving, do it only if one is comfortable.

yeah pilot81, guess i'll take a risk.. tho its gonna cost me 295 sing$ :) oh well never try never know.. will check the weather over there and make a judgement call.. btw dive lover88, im sure u heard stories that the local spore islands; pulau hantu etc's viz can get better during end of the year..? not to say excellent viz, but good enough for u to breathe ur compressed tank and fin around to get ur dive fix :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom