Diving in Philippines in January - Cebu, Bohol or Boracay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey!

I am OWD and traveling to Cebu -> Bohol -> Boracay with only one week and would definitely like to dive around somewhere there.
I read that around Boracay the visibility is limited in Dec-Feb, does it only apply to Boracay?

I have never been to Philippines, so would really appreciate any recommendations about diving spots around these areas etc?

Thank you so much :wink:

There is really nice diving in Maolbaol in the south of Cebu Island and in Balicasag Island off Alona Beach. We stayed in turtle Bay in Maolboal and in Alona Vida in Bohol , both are very nice . from Maolboal you can dive with whalesharks in Nearby Oslob. If you are not committed to Boracay you could consider spending the full week in Malapascua. We have visited a few times and stayed and dived with Ocean Vida. Diving in January and February is fine , the vis is better and the water warmer later in the spring and summer.

Have a great time

Hi,

For superb diving in very small groups (max 4 divers) and by far the best whale shark watching in the Philippines, check out Padre Burgos Castle Resort in Southern Leyte. Diving conditions at the moment are excellent (although at 27 degrees the water is a little on the 'cool' side) and there are lots of whale sharks around.

If you want more information just send me a message.

Delia

Victoria Tääker;7584541:
Hey!
I am OWD and traveling to Cebu -> Bohol -> Boracay with only one week and would definitely like to dive around somewhere there.
How much time do you have?
1. You have one week in Boracay after Cebu and Bohol.
2. You have one week to cover Cebu, Bohol and Boracay.

Back
Top Bottom