Diving in Portugal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

manar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello

I would like to dive in Portugal this July.
I've been to Porto Santo 2 years ago and I really liked diving there, though there weren't much corals or fishes. But the visibility and clarity were enough to like diving there and really want to go back one day. Unfortunately I don't have that much time this summer, so I think I should dive in mainland Portugal.

If anyone knows some good dive spots in mainland Portugal, south or central or even north, please let me know.

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Hands down, the best place to dive in mainland Portugal is the Berlengas, a group of rocky little islands off the coast of Peniche. Better still, during the summer the Haliotis dive center runs two-tank trips out to the islands every day. Every other location and shop in the country runs regularly scheduled trips only on the weekends. If you are going to be in and around Lisbon, this is the place to go.

Haliotis - Centro, Escola e Loja de Mergulho - Berlengas Peniche, Sesimbra, Santa Maria Açores e Madeira - dive Portugal

If you are in the Algarve, then your best bet is to find a dive outfit in Portimao and check out the purpose-sunk wrecks there, part of the aforementioned reef project. One of them is an old Portuguese navy corvette sunk less than a year ago, so that is worth seeing.

There are really lots of places to choose from. Depends on what you like the most or if you just go to Portugal for diving or if you want to add other activities. You can take a look at some of those places at Portugal Diving website.
Hope you find something that fits your expectations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom