Diving in RI in March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jalduggan

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,

I will be spending a few days in Newport late march which is close to a frequent diving spot in fort Weatherhall in Jamestown. I have the usual North East dive equipment 7MM wet suit stc... I have two quections: 1. Is it to early to dave (water temperature and 2. would anyone be intrested in joining me. Maby we could start a polar diving club...

John:confused::)

John.

I'd be up for joining you, although I'll be diving in my CF 200. I last dove the fort in early November, and felt comfortable in my dry suit. As of last Sunday, water temp in Rockport was 36-37 degrees (F) at depth (25-30'). Do you have experience diving dry? What's the coldest water temp you've experienced in your 7mm? If so, I'd suggest renting a dry suit for the day (I know Mass Diving in Natick, MA rents them). It's a personal choice, but you wont see me donning my 7mm until June.

Cheers,

Pat Spencer

Back
Top Bottom