Diving In Sipadan/Kapalai - Single Supplement Alternative?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gee13

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi fellow divers, I am looking to book a trip to Sipadan/ Kapalai in may 11-15 5 D/4N and I am travelling alone. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what my best option would be, without having to fork out an aram and leg for single supplement rate? Anyone have any success with getting the single supplement waived? Any suggestions very welcome, including if you would like to twin share with me for that period to get the cheaper rate. Thanks, G

Its coming on low season. tell them you can confirm if they dont charge the supplemental rate.

I assume you are paying US $ as apposed to special rates that locals or SG folks pay.

Most of the resorts will try to pair you up with another diver, and thus you can avoid paying the single supplement.

I really tried with Kapalai as there is where I wanted to stay. They are not wanting to be flexible with my request even though it is low season, not good business practice! So Im going to book at another resort which is able to accomodate my request. So all of you who are looking to book single supplement, shop around at the other resorts. They will be able to provide a rate that can accomodate.

Anyone elese have similar experiences which single suplement. Hope you can share with us on which resorts have an 'open' policy.

Regards
G

I managed to make my decision with SWV as they are able to offer me the best rate for a single traveller, as i said I didn't mind sharing with someone else.

SWV is awesome. You will not regret it. In fact as far as permit problems are concerned, SWV seems to have come out tops with the greatest ratio of repeat days at Sipadan.

Back
Top Bottom