Diving in Taba - Red Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pamgunner

Reaction score
Going to Taba in January - only been diving since last march - so not overly exxperienced - any suggestions as to the diving round there? Needs to be day trips as hubbie and kids are on holiday with me and they expect me back in the evening! Have only dived around 25m in UK- dry suit etc - would hope to be able to cope with slightly more in nice conditions!

pamgunner:
Going to Taba in January - only been diving since last march - so not overly exxperienced - any suggestions as to the diving round there? Needs to be day trips as hubbie and kids are on holiday with me and they expect me back in the evening! Have only dived around 25m in UK- dry suit etc - would hope to be able to cope with slightly more in nice conditions!

Have no Idea where Taba is. Do a search on the internet and try to locate a dive shop/boat there. When you find them, send an email with your concerns. Quite sure you will get answer to everything you need to know and more. :happywave

:umnik: :ne_nau: :150:

The Israeli dive operation Aqua-Sport has a dive shop in Taba. They organize one day safaris and local dive trips from the Taba location. You can also take jeep safaris with a couple of dives and take the family with you to look at the amazing desert around there.

www.aqua-sport.co.il

Aqua Sport Int.
P.O Box 300
Eilat, 88102
Israel

E-mail: info@aqua-sport.com

Tel. + 972-8-6334404
Fax: + 972-8-6333771

As this is an inquiry more appropriate for our travel section, I have taken the liberty of moving it to a forum where it may get a wider response.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

I was in Taba in October. My diving was with Aquasport at the Taba Hilton. They have boat diving to various sites in Sinai. My experience is that some of the dives in front of the Hilton are even better. You could stay at the Hilton, which is often available for about $50 per night. There is also Nelson's Village which is newer. I like the Hilton because it is next to the border with Eilat, Israel. During the evening you could go to dinner in Israel and return to the hotel in Taba. Likewise, you could stay in Eilat and do your diving with Aquasport. They will bring you over the border and take you diving.

Crusader Travel in the UK is the agent for Aquasport. I recommend them. www.divers.co.uk

There is also an area called Taba Heights which consists of a Marriott, Hyatt and a Radisson hotel. It is very isolated and prices are very high. They go to the same sites that Aquasport goes to with their dive boat. go to www.tabaheights.com

I've recently returned from Hyatt Regency at Taba Heights and id a few dives with the on-site diver centre - Red Sea Waterworld.

http://www.redseawaterworld.com/Qsite/home.htm

First, everyone has to do a check dive (Marine Park rules) which costs US$45.

This part of the Red Sea is different - no great shoals of big fish, no walls of fish, no mantas or probably few sharks but it is interesting in it's own way. Coral is very good and there is lots of marine life but on a small scale. There are coral mounds with covered in fish. This is Egyptian boat diving.

The Hyatt is perhaps the best of the hotels in the area and is popular but there is littlel else outside (2 hotels adjacent, another near dive centre). Satellite dive desk on site but main centre is serviced by very regular shuttle bus to all hotels; rest of development (golf course, etc) just hasn't happended yet - Iraqi war, etc but lots of security in region so no worries.

Highly recomended - best time climatewise is said to be March - May in the 30's, June onwards 40+

Diving in Taba is ok, but not very interesting, if you heading up the cost toward Dahab diving improved greatlly.
Aqua Sport is a old dive center that provide good service.

I would recommend Taba and Aqua Sport at the Taba Hilton whole heartedly!

Great diving, great service, and the hotel is brilliant!

Back
Top Bottom