Diving in Thailand in June - is the monsoon an issue?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

truemetal:
If I will decide to go to Phuket and take some day trips - what is the wisest way to arrange it: look for a dive package which includes diving and accommodation, or arrange those separately? Since the island is big, I would assume I should arrange the dives first, and then look for a hotels nearby the boat departure point?

No, you don't want to do that. If you come to Phuket you FIRST look for and book your accomodation that suits your budget. After you've chosen a place to stay you visit some of the local dive shops and check their daytrip schedule. Dive shops can be found at all major beach destinations (Karon, Kata, Patong, Kamela and also in Ao Chalong) Most small dive shops in Phuket do not have their own daytrip diveboat but will book you on other shops boats for the same money as when you would book directly with that shop. You will ALWAYS be picked up from your hotel or guesthouse (without extra charge) for your daytrip if you stay at one of the above mentioned beaches. You will also be brought back to your hotel at the end of the day. Daytrips will include lunch, tea, coffee, drinking water etc. Some daytrips even include a nice breakfast, towel and/or soft drinks.

Nice boats to be on are boats from SeaBees, Eurodivers, Dive Asia and WestCoast divers. On all boats will a DM brief you and accompany you during the dives. Go for the 3 dive daytrip to Sharkpoint, KingCruiser Wreck and Ko Doc Mai, you'll love that one! Another nice one is the daytrip to PP and to Racha Noi South Tip (can be hard dive and sometimes not on schedule during rainy season). I dived Racha Noi South Tip 2 months ago and we saw a manta ray, BIG school of pinjalo snappers, chevron and pickhandle barracudas and huge schools of fusiliers. The soft coral at Racha Noi's South tip is also the BEST of all the diving close to Phuket I think.

Come to Phuket, you'll LOVE it.:D

Back
Top Bottom