Diving in the GTA this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sprange:
If anyone manages to get some diving in tonight at Humber could you provide the conditions later? I'm thinking of driving out there tomorrow with a buddy (although I have no idea where to go/etc) so I can get some more experience with my drysuit. We're planning on 'diving' there around 1PM, possibly earlier, so come on by for a good laugh.
Sean
I'll be in Barrie tomorrow, but later tonight I can post directions with map. :D

Someone will probably report on conditions; if they don't, I'll say a few things then.

Sean. If you want a little less travel, Gulliver's Lake is open for the season. Take Hwy 6 South, towards Hamilton, to Safari Rd. Take a right (West) on Safari Rd. and it's a couple clicks up on the left. If you reach a Stop sign, you've gone a couple hundred yards too far. If you reach African Lion Safari, you've gone way past. Not much to see, there are a couple of platforms and a few fish. Would expect it's into the 50's by now. Was $5/diver at the gate last year. Max 25 feet. And likely to be some students there this weekend (and every weekend for the rest of the summer).

Depending on weather, if we decide not to head for the boat, we may head there or the Morrison.

I never considered Gulliver's, but it's certainly closer. Platforms are a bonus, but can I expect to see anything? Anyway thanks for the suggestion, at least I have a few options now.

Sean

Vis shouldn't be any worse than Humber Bay (especially if the forecast SW winds pickup), at least until the students stir it up. Aside from the platforms, there's not much too see. There was a hula hoop suspended mid water as well as a 'ladder' of horizontally hung ABS pipes to try swimming through. I assume they're still there. And there are usually quite a few small fish.

sprange:
If anyone manages to get some diving in tonight at Humber could you provide the conditions later? I'm thinking of driving out there tomorrow with a buddy (although I have no idea where to go/etc) so I can get some more experience with my drysuit. We're planning on 'diving' there around 1PM, possibly earlier, so come on by for a good laugh.
Sean

Once you figure out your definite plans, let me know and I might join you...

sprange:
Sean

Poor vis, water temperature about 8 degrees and calm.

Doppler you've come along way since your basic scuba instruction course back with LB It must be what 12 years now. Humber bays not for me, I like the deeper darker colder stuff, you know the depth that brings out the Alpha male attitude.

Happy Ecolie diving

Rollie

sprange:
I never considered Gulliver's, but it's certainly closer. Platforms are a bonus, but can I expect to see anything? Anyway thanks for the suggestion, at least I have a few options now.

Sean
Gulliver's is a load of crap and a complete waste of time. It is a mucky shallow cess pit and not worth the drive.

Want me to tell you what I really think? :)

d33ps1x:
Gulliver's is a load of crap and a complete waste of time. It is a mucky shallow cess pit and not worth the drive.

Want me to tell you what I really think? :)

I hear there's also leeches in the water. Is that true? :11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom