Diving in the San Diego area for the month of Oct

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Catalina has good snorkeling and diving....consistently...do the dive park at Avalon. Good topside too. Dana pt and Newport beach have ferries so not too bad from SD.

My spouse and I just spent a long weekend in San Diego and we did two dives with SD Expeditions. They were great. Nice gear and Kyle was a really awesome guide. We did a kayak dive out to the cove and then a shore dive at La Jolla shores. So fun. Can't wait to go back and I would definitely recommend them. I would use them again for sure. I do believe they would take a walk-in but you might want to call first to chat w/ them about that.

Have fun out there! It's amazing!

I have not forgotten about this...

While on my way down I caught a cold. To be on the safe side, I am waiting till it clears. Probably a week or 2 and I will dive here. La Jolla shore looks like a great spot.

And they didn't fill those spaces, so just like the last spring when I went to San Diego, ready to dive, there are no weekday boats going out. I thought California was all about getting out there? NOT!

There is always plenty of shore diving available :)

Yes there is shore diving. The vis is bad; there is surf; there are life guards with all their rules and restrictions; the wrecks are not near shore; I didn't have a buddy; I 'd have to rent a car..........The 3 day live aboard on Horizon was great. Visited numerous sites around Santa Barbara and San Clemente Islands.

Attachments

• aPA191792_pp.jpg
    aPA191792_pp.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 45
  • aPA191901_pp.jpg
    aPA191901_pp.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 48
  • aPA191902_pp.jpg
    aPA191902_pp.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 42
  • aPA202009_pp.jpg
    aPA202009_pp.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 43
  • aPA202128_pp.jpg
    aPA202128_pp.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 46
Yes there is shore diving. The vis is bad; there is surf; there are life guards with all their rules and restrictions; the wrecks are not near shore; I didn't have a buddy; I 'd have to rent a car..........The 3 day live aboard on Horizon was great. Visited numerous sites around Santa Barbara and San Clemente Islands.

That is bad vis? WTF?

No, we had pretty good vis, 30 ft or so out on the islands, off a boat. The shore sites were not good, Laguna was 10-12 ft. Didn't shore dive at all.

Sorry to say that 10-12 vis is about average for Laguna and surf happens sometimes (it is a beach :D).

But I am glad you found the Horizon and had better vis out on the islands. Multi-day trips on the islands are good when the weather cooperates.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom