Diving in the San Diego area for the month of Oct

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

san diego visit 015.jpgsan diego visit 016.jpgsan diego visit 017.jpgsan diego visit 018.jpgsan diego visit 019.jpgsan diego visit 020.jpgsan diego visit 021.jpgsan diego visit 022.jpgsan diego visit 023.jpg

Pictures of Diving at La Jolla shores.

Met up with a Canadian living in Arizona.

Not much life from there.

Looks like you never got to the canyon (it's about 300 yards off shore). Kind of a drag that you were 99% of the way there and never found the dive site (based on your pictures).

Oh I got there.... and nearly stayed there.

There was an odd current that was pulling me down. My dive buddy signaled for us to turn around.

Still, not much life. "Tropical" diving has yet to win me over.

Listen, one dive (or a few) does not make for a well-rounded evaluation of the place. You've heard it from people on here... and there are literally hundreds of dive reports on the web about the amazing life that can be encountered at the Shores. If one chooses to ignore or dismiss the accounts of so many experienced divers, then so be it.

The Shores CAN be an amazing place for encounters. Just last week my partners and I were surprised by a dolphin saying hello to us in 45 fsw, just before the canyon wall. You have to see with better eyes.

Cheers,

Bill

Listen, one dive (or a few) does not make for a well-rounded evaluation of the place. You've heard it from people on here... and there are literally hundreds of dive reports on the web about the amazing life that can be encountered at the Shores. If one chooses to ignore or dismiss the accounts of so many experienced divers, then so be it.

The Shores CAN be an amazing place for encounters. Just last week my partners and I were surprised by a dolphin saying hello to us in 45 fsw, just before the canyon wall. You have to see with better eyes.

Cheers,

Bill

That is true.

I can go anywhere along the shores of British Columbia and I would find tons of life. I was told by a dive shop that the San Diego area, except for La Jolla cove does not have much for diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom