Diving In the St. Lawrence, any takers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Michael, hey, sorry I couldn't get back to you earlier, I was on a dive boat all day today.

Sure, I've got time tomorrow morning as well as Monday afternoon - pick a site!!!

It was a good day to dive today.

We hit the Rothesay early this afternoon for a relaxing hour's worth of underwater time. With the westerly wind there was surprisingly little surface chop. The place, however, was crawling with divers on various checkout dives. I think we had the only backplate/wings for miles around :D

The current was very mild and the viz a typical 5-10' at the buoy and 15-20' on the wreck itself. There was a thermal haze over everything because the water was a toasty 61°F!!!!! I went gloveless and core-warmer-less and poor Michael nearly melted into a puddle in his drysuit. (he still had winter drysuit undies on account of forgetting to bring a lighter fleece set) We toured the wreck.... a few times, skirted around students, did an air sharing drill for the hell of it, then I "navved" our way all the way back to shore coming in about 60' downstream of where I was aiming for. Not terrible I guess. All in all a very relaxing and fun dive.

dang -- if you guys had made it to the Connie would have seen you!

I was challenged with my buddy. He was ok in the water, but it was my first time (in a long time) diving with a HSA diver -- man I was probably as graceful as a bull elephant u/w! He was very understanding, and although we had a good time, I was sorely lacking in grace.

We plan to head out again soon. He has so much enthusiasm for diving, it's contagious.

Diver Gadget has it right... My buddy is not independant, and needs me to be there to help in the diving. When he is wearing a cold water kit I basically assist him in all aspects -- ascent, descent, equalising, mask clearing and some movement. (When he was down south, some of these skill he could manage without the restriction in movement)

While diving I generally have one hand on his first stage, but he is able to move on his own -- and his bouyancy is outstanding.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom