Sending $ to USA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for pointing out transferwise. I'd never heard of it, but I make a fair number of international transactions. (No, I'm not some kind of financial tycoon, drug lord, or massive business. I'm a treasurer for a very small international non-profit that gives small amounts of research funding to graduate students.) The wire fees are outrageous. We encourage PayPal, but occasionally PayPal and our bank don't play nicely together. In those cases, transferwise seems like a good deal.

Does anybody know if there are fees on the recipient's end? (I'm blind to those when sending money, but see them when we receive funds internationally.)

Does anybody know if there are fees on the recipient's end? (I'm blind to those when sending money, but see them when we receive funds internationally.)

For Wise, afaik, no. I've sent to banks in Europe & Asia, no recipient has been charged inbound fees.

Thanks gang. Probably a one off and I'm buying from a member not a store. Not sure how paypal works in that case but I'll continue digging. Wise looks to be relatively easy. Anyone use it? How was the process?
Wise can be a pain to set up, especially if it's a one-off. Paypal is much easier. When sending funds through Paypal tick off the "Friend/Family" box. I believe there are no fees on the receiver end if that is done.

Wise can be a pain to set up, especially if it's a one-off. Paypal is much easier. When sending funds through Paypal tick off the "Friend/Family" box. I believe there are no fees on the receiver end if that is done.
I need to do this frequently, so it wouldn't be a one-off. Seems like it'd be worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom