Diving in Vietnam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear Mike,

I am very glad about your help - good luck for me that your reply reached me before my departure ... ;-)))

I have already prepared to discover the diving facilities in Vietnam without any information or tips - therefore I definitely appreciate your help!!

I will call you for sure ... I am just wondering where you are located in order to find out whether I should call u from Austria or Vietnam ....

Best regards,
Karin

Dear Mike,

hmmm I guess I should read before asking silly questions ...

You are in Vietnam ... that's indicated on the board ...

Well - hear u soon & again thank you!

Karin

Hi Mike,
It's nice to hear about someone have the information about diving in Vietnam. Can you point me to some web sites that have complete info about all dive sites in Vietnam, along with diving trip packages and accomodations?
Thanks in advance.

Hi Karin,

I dived in Vietnam last summer and the diving is average. For sure if you are going there do the diving. The fish life is limited and the corals are not the best.
The Majority of diving is done out of Nha Trang (very busy), but I dived on a small island called whale island, (60km north of Nha trang) beautifull tropical island, not the cheapest in the world at $35 a head inc 3 meals. The island more than makes up for the average diving.
There is more info pictures and links on my web site.

Have fun

Hi Badboy & Karin

Karin hope you had a nice trip with some cool dives. Can you or badboy tell me what time a year it's best to dive in Vietnam? I'm planing to go late november or start december.

Or maybe it a bad idea to dive there at that time! Other places to recomment at that time of year?

Bali or what do you say Erwim ;-)

regards

Ole:confused:

Hi Ole,
These months (Sept-November) is the best time to dive Bali in terms of visibility. It's better for you to read all discussion in Diving in Bali thread

arboe once bubbled...
Hi Badboy & Karin

Karin hope you had a nice trip with some cool dives. Can you or badboy tell me what time a year it's best to dive in Vietnam? I'm planing to go late november or start december.

Or maybe it a bad idea to dive there at that time! Other places to recomment at that time of year?

Bali or what do you say Erwim ;-)

regards

Ole:confused:

Hi there

"Nha Trang enjoys the well deserved reputation of having the best climate in Vietnam, with an estimated 250 days of sunshine a year and temperatures between 26-38c. The rainy season starts at the end of October and lasts until early January. As for the rest of the year clear blue skies and a mirror like sea are almost guaranteed."

So everyday from 7am -- 11pm from March through to September would be the best time for diving.

Have fun
badboy

Hi Karin,

There are two places to dive here in Vietnam....Nha Trang and Whale Island (2 hours north of Nha Trang).

The best dive operators in Nha Trang are Octopus Diving Club, ask for Phil Phelan. and Rainbow Divers....ask for Jeremy Stein.

Rainbow runs Whale Island.

I own the only retail shop in Vietnam and it is in Saigon. If you are here, please call me at 090373-1032 or drop by the shop: Indochine Divers at 79 Truong Dinh Street, District 3 phone: 930-4612 open 9:00am - 7pm daily.

I would be glad to answer any other questions you have......

By the way...Nov and Dec, the dive operators typically close for the Monsoon Season here.

Best Regards,

Mike

That is so cool for me to know there is a scuba retail shop in Saigon area. Will try to see if I can get something soon :wink:

See you later Mike.

Have fune
badboy

Back
Top Bottom